Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Virus Game

Options
  • 01-02-2005 3:37pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000910029863/
    Infected is a game for the Sony PSP which promises a new kind of victory lap. You can play other PSP owners wirelessly and, if you beat them, you leave your avatar on their handheld to, “spread like a virus.”

Sounds like mobile gameing is really going to evolve with the PSP (and DS's) wireless interface

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Sounds like hype to me

"it’s just token exchanging, but it still creeps us out"

they also got a nice mention of EB in there too, just incase you can't decide where to buy it.

cheap gimmic imo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

erm.. so basically what they're saying is that in a multi-player game, when someone wins, all the other screens show who won ? Nice idea but I'm pretty sure it's been done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I think when you beat somebody you leave a "tag" behind on their PSP that they cannt get rid off. After thta im not sure. There could be more to it where tags get spread around like a virus during variius multiplay sessions but its hard to say.

Still it shows their at least trying to spice up mobile multi play which is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

From what I understand is that when you battle it out with someone and win an avatar gets left on their machine. Then when he battle someone some how your avatar can get transfered to that machine. So your avatar spreads through PSP's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

sounds crap to me :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Advertisement