Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlton Vs Liverpool (Will Contain Scores)

• 01-02-2005 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

couldn't stand that other game having a thread and my beloved pool not having one. :p

As with every other game they play this is a must win for liverpool. Gerrard will/should be over his niggle and they've had a full weeks training togther uninterupted which has been a rarity for them so I'm going for a liverpool, hopefully Morientes breaking his duck early in the game and them easing to a 2-0. Though Charlton are tough to break down on their own patch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm not too confident about this game looking at both team's recent form but I'm praying for a Liverpool win. I'd love to see nando get on the score sheet too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

me too, charlton are pretty good at home.
    Liverpool really do need the win, kewell is back hopefully.
    Nando does need to score his first goal for the pool. im going for a 2:1 to liverpool but anything can happen, depends how we start.Least i will get to see the highlights on bbc1 tonight at 11:15.
    Hope utd loose as well, interesesting that both managers are saying that whoever looses are out of the title race, im sorry guys but the title is heading too chelsea, i cant see them slipping up, even if they do all they have too do is rotate the team.
    So come on the pool, give us a win tonight and get some pride back!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

as long as the pool win i will be happy
    it mite put a bit of pressure on Everton who play tomorrow.

I'll go for 2-1 the pool Baros is due a goal and hopefully morientes opens his account

i was reading on SSN that danny murphy has never lost a game in the premiership that he has scored in so lets hope he doesn't come back to haunt us tonite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Tough game for Liverpool I fancy Charlton to nick it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

The Muppet wrote:
    Tough game for Liverpool I fancy Charlton to nick it.

Tend to agree but pray I am wrong, COME ON EL MORO !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

1-0 to Charlton - Is Pedigreeno :p playing? If so 2-0.

All those thinking Morientes to score should know he hasn't scored since the International vs Venezuela in August. Last club goal was vs Cheslski in CL last year. Last league goal was 18-05-2003 :eek: He only scored in CL last season.

(I just know that stat will come back to haunt me) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1 Chelsea 24 40 61
    2 Arsenal 24 28 51
    3 Man Utd 24 23 50
    4 Everton 24 3 44
    5 Liverpool 24 11 37
    6 Middlesbrough 24 6 37
    7 Charlton 24 -5 37
    8 Tottenham 24 3 33

All but chelsea and everton playing tonight, that will look different later.
    Utd draw
    port win
    Charlton draw
    Spurs draw

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Praying for a better display, they've had their run of ~ 3 bad games .. looking for a big performance and 3 points .. no less - they're running out of games to catch 4th spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

kida wrote:

All those thinking Morientes to score should know he hasn't scored since the International vs Venezuela in August. Last club goal was vs Cheslski in CL last year. Last league goal was 18-05-2003 :eek: He only scored in CL last season.

Listen kida you always rain on a Liverpool party :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Hopefully Morientes will break his duck tonight. Don't think that Kewell will start seeing as he is just back from a long lay off along with Smicer.

Danny Murphy could miss the match as it's been reported that he might have a dead leg from Saturday's game. I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to prove Rafa made a mistake letting him go earlier in the season.

Le Tellac may get a game now that he's back and considering Rafa is talking him up since his return to Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

kida wrote:
    He only scored in CL last season.

Thats just not true now is it...

http://westham.sporthk.net/morientes/info/stats.htm

If you are going to lie at least try and make up a good one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The team is prolly

dudek

Finnan----Hyypia--Carra---Traore

Luis Garcia---Biscan---Gerrard--Riise

Baros
    Morientes

Dear God lets us win.... :(

Mike.

Team is :

LIVERPOOL: Dudek, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Traore, Riise, Gerrard, Biscan, Garcia, Baros, Morientes.

SUBS: Carson, Smicer, Pellegrino, Potter, Warnock.

Thats just not true now is it...

http://westham.sporthk.net/morientes/info/stats.htm

If you are going to lie at least try and make up a good one...

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=12312 this is wrong so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

kida wrote:

You are full of crap. And you will write anything to make yourself believe it.

His last club goal was in May 04, and it was in the league. He scored 10 in the league for Monaco in the 03/04 season.

Did you even read through your stats before posting them? He mightnt have scored yet this season, but every single one of his appearances for Madrid have been from the bench. And in those whopping 16 substitute appearances he has nothced up less than 360 minutes of football. Less than 4 whole games. Hardly a record to be ashamed of.

I think he will actually score tonight. But if he doesnt, that will still only be less than 8 full games this year without a goal. So get your facts right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

cerbeus wrote:
    Team is :

LIVERPOOL: Dudek, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Traore, Riise, Gerrard, Biscan, Garcia, Baros, Morientes.

SUBS: Carson, Smicer, Pellegrino, Potter, Warnock.

Smicer made the bench... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Charlton 1-0 Liverpool: S Bartlett (20)

1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

boro 1-0 up in their game v portsmouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Morientes breaks his duck 1-1

• Advertisement

1-1, Morientes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Get in. Now he has gotten one I think he will start banging them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

John arne makes it 1-2, 18 yards out from the left side of the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

3 points. Sounded like a good second half, bring on MoTD so I can see the goals. Go on the Nando!

YNWA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Great to come back to win. Good to see Morientes off the mark too. Was important to win with Charlton right behind, and Middlesboro losing too is an added bonus. Only 4 points off 4th now. Could be worse.

Huge win tonight, that was so important. Listened live to the match through the chartlon website, sounded like we were all over them and really deserved the win!!

Good to see Moro off the mark hopefully he will go on a bit of a run now, sounded like he was holding up the ball really well tonight.

if anybody finds the goals or the match online they I would love a link, living abraod at the moment so I have no access to sky :mad:

Here's to Everton losing tommorow but I can't see it happening. At home to Norwich can't see them losing that one, the best we can hope for is a draw.

Man I love it when I'm wrong at times like this :D Football first is on now for those of you with access to Sky (sorry Insider, don't mean to rub it in)

Watched the match. First half belonged to Charlton. They played 4-5-1 and we just couldn't get any decent passing together. Once Charlton got their goal they seemed content to defend.

Liverpool played better in the second half and managed to get into the Charlton half more. Once Morientes scored we looked alot more relaxed. And when Riise scored Charlton had to push up to try and get the equaliser but they never really looked like scoring.

Have to be happy with that result.

:D and "Up the Canaries"!

Mike.

• Advertisement

Bring on Fulham!

Alan Curbishley on BBC Five Live saying that we're back to our best!!
    Nice compliment but I think we have a long way to go to get back to our best.
    Still nice to come back from behind and win,

That was Charltons biggest home gate in 10 years...why no Match of the Day?

Mike.

Shred wrote:
    Man I love it when I'm wrong at times like this :D Football first is on now for those of you with access to Sky (sorry Insider, don't mean to rub it in)

Ah thats ok...hopefully get the goals on Fox Sports World

Just delighted we won... :)

Just caught the highlights on MOTD, it looks like zonal marking is still in vogue. But that aside the team looked much sharper all round and now Nando has his first goal and a good one I expect he and Baros to be the first choice
    from now on with FSP on only in emergencies or when cruising...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

I thought FSP was out for the rest of the season ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good win for Liverpool and a nice opening goal for Morientes. I reckon he will start to bang them in for you now. Very Very nice addition to their team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Great to see Morientes score :D (nice goal too!). If he wants CL football next season he knows he has to help get us there. The defence was worryingly poor for the goal we gave away from the corner and there was one or two other moments that we were lucky not to concede from. On the other hand, we could have gotten a few more also and hopefully we've finally "turned a corner" ;)

p.pete wrote:
    Great to see Morientes score :D (nice goal too!). If he wants CL football next season he knows he has to help get us there. The defence was worryingly poor for the goal we gave away from the corner and there was one or two other moments that we were lucky not to concede from. On the other hand, we could have gotten a few more also and hopefully we've finally "turned a corner" ;)

Agreed, there were a few lucky escapes in the first half. Except for Murphy's chance the second half belonged to Liverpool though. Overall (from the highlights) I thought they played quite well, Traore seemed to have a decent game and Garcia looked quite sharp too - there seemed to be a hunger about the whole team. Great goal from Morientes and hopefully he'll start banging them in from here on.

now where did I leave me Norwich jersey :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Great result ... now lets try some consistency please ...

Zakrze wrote:
    I thought FSP was out for the rest of the season ?

Doh! I forgot (so many crook players!).

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

watched the match on skys football first, pool played well, especially in the 2nd half. a good performance and result away from home, just what we need with CL matches and the Carling Cup final on the way, need to get into a run of wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was at the game and Liverpool were desperately unlucky not to score four or five. Only the crossbar and some great last ditch tackles and saves helped Charlton. The second half was entirely Liverpool and Morientes looked truly class. Even when he didn't have the ball his runs were stretching the Charlton defence so much that he was making gaps for everyone else.

Nice to see Vlad return and Murphy was class itself after the goal. He got a standing ovation from the Liverpool end as he came over to take the corner that led to the goal and once it went in, he just put his head down and ran back to the halfway line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

watched the football first highlights and liverpool certainly looked alot better then their recent form would suggest. Great goal by morientes, hopefully he will go on a run now. If we can keep our players injury free we should get 4th spot!

shame about the everton result though, norwich should of had a stone wall peno i nthe last few minutes by all accounts aswell. fingers crossed they will slip up in other matchs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

fingers crossed they will slip up in other matchs.
    Liverpool's attitude can't be any different to Man Uniteds at the moment. I know Everton aren't as good as Chelsea but we have to try to win 13 out of 13 and then hope that Everton drop some points along the way. I don't think either Man U or Liverpool are capable of winning all those games but that's the way that we need to think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:
    Doh! I forgot (so many crook players!).

Mike.

And quite a few injuries too. ;)

Advertisement