Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frames

Options
  • 01-02-2005 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

Hey.

I'm looking to put together a site for myself, and was wondering about a few things.

In Photoshop, I have made a website and have it all sliced up and converted into html. However, when i try to add text or something to that, it messes up all the formatting and stuff..

I tried to use frames, is it possible to just use one single frame in the middle of the page, or does the whole page have to be framed?

If i make the whole page frames, the images dont fit together properly. Ideally I want to have a nav bar across the top, image on the left, and a frame with news in it in the main body..

I've looked at tutorials but i've no idea how to get the images to line up correctly under frames :/

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

DRakE wrote:
    Hey.

I'm looking to put together a site for myself, and was wondering about a few things.

In Photoshop, I have made a website and have it all sliced up and converted into html. However, when i try to add text or something to that, it messes up all the formatting and stuff..

I tried to use frames, is it possible to just use one single frame in the middle of the page, or does the whole page have to be framed?

If i make the whole page frames, the images dont fit together properly. Ideally I want to have a nav bar across the top, image on the left, and a frame with news in it in the main body..

I've looked at tutorials but i've no idea how to get the images to line up correctly under frames :/

Any ideas?

You can use something called an IFRAME and place that on your page. Basically it is a free floating frame that you use to display other pages - that might work

http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/special/iframe.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

thats EXACTLY what i was after.

Thanks alot phenom :)

Advertisement