Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon Point... The verdict??

• 01-02-2005 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Well, Anyone het down there today for a gander?
    Was the traffic bad all day?
    Looking forward to seeing the finished product, but I might just wait til all the opening excitement wears off... (should be sometime next year!!) ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Apparently Traffic was really bad, I no people who actually took work off to go down there, Now that is sad to be fair like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

Apparently Traffic was really bad, I no people who actually took work off to go down there, Now that is sad to be fair like.

wow, that IS sad.

when is the cinema opening?

AH Fck!!!! its opening march i think,but you just reminded me i had an interview for it today at 6.15...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Apparently Traffic was really bad,

Not goin to belive this - got outta work girlie rang "plz collect me from Fermoy" - ok. Can we go for a look in Mahon Point (after nagging me the whole way,i said yes and nearly turned away when i saw the traffic - and no traffic lights.Only a lone garda)

Anyways just pulling in to the turn when cars in front of me all braked hard - so i did too. Suddenly noticed a car comin fairly fast up my ass,next thing *bang* nice Astra sitting up my hole. Not much damage,honest mistake. But god damn i should have listened to myself and said no when i saw the traffic.

Anyways ranting on- really nice insidebiggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

oh i heard on 96fm there was a "2 car collision " there alright. i took a gander in there alright there yesterday, was supposed to be at work, just parked by some estate and walked in side entrance, no queuing. but we met a man and he told us that our hazzards were flashing outside his house and he said that the residents where he lives are going to give it a week before they complain about people parking outside their houses.
    Lacoste - whoo hoo!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭iceman_2001_ie

My mum just called me to complain about the traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I was on the 7am shift this morniing in work, finished work around 4ish, drove through the tunnel, up the slip road and was greeted by traffic chaos. People are using the two lanes to queue for Mahon Point while the road going to B&Q on left is free to go straight on.

Traffic was backed up to CSO when I was driving past. Idiots. Complete and utter fcking idiots. When I have time I'll find out who gave the go-ahead for this traffic routing and plaster there name and contact details everywhere. They've certainly redefined what a moron is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I saw it on the news. It looked like another yet boring shopping centre. I'll be sticking to the city centre even if they do have a zara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,567 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

damien.m wrote:
    Traffic was backed up to CSO when I was driving past. Idiots. Complete and utter fcking idiots. When I have time I'll find out who gave the go-ahead for this traffic routing and plaster there name and contact details everywhere. They've certainly redefined what a moron is.

Too ****ing right! Coming from the CSO side, the single lane road divides into three at the MP junction - with one lane (3-4 cars in length) for all the cars going to the centre AND most of those going to the tunnel!!!!! Who did Owen O'Callaghan pay off to get away with this??? Always went home (through tunnel) via Skehard Road.....looks like it's Kinsale Rd from now on!

the traffic coming from kinsale roundabout to mahon point backed up really bad,and from tunnel to mahon point,Its a disgrace.

• Advertisement

Passed this morn heading for the tunnel and the traffic was manic heading for Mahon Point. Still no bloody traffic lights?????????????

Its grand coming from blackrock through mahon point its just comin from the other way.From what i can see they would have to change the whole layout to make it half work! but even at that it would cause alot of traffic problems tryin to fix it, and even at that would it make a big difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Its grand coming from blackrock through mahon point its just comin from the other way.

Yep - seems to be ok from Blackrock direction alright - I'd suggest taking the main douglas exit off of the South link & heading up the Well Road - may add a mile or so to your journey, but it'll save you a bunch of time

Yeah i do thats and its grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yeah i do thats and its grand.

Although on saying that - I live just off of the Well Road, so no, stay on the South link & suffer....leave my house in peace :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,567 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Its grand coming from blackrock through mahon point its just comin from the other way.?

Yeah right! Traffic queues the other day all the way from Texaco on Skehard Rd to Mahon point. Haven't come from the other direction so can't comment, but I would have thought it wouldn't have been as bad. What time were you heading for tunnel? Traffic backs up to Mahon and beyond from the tunnel every evening from about 5 til 5.45, and has done for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I wouldn't go near the place anyway for the same reason I don't go near Blackpool - the traffic is way too bad due to a retarded management system -but I'm boycotting the place until they take down that huge garish sign. Did they deliberately pick the year of culture to put it up? What culture are we celebrating?* Vegas culture?

*I know everybody's asking that but this time it's rhetorical.

I wouldn't go near the place anyway for the same reason I don't go near Blackpool - the traffic is way too bad due to a retarded management system -but I'm boycotting the place until they take down that huge garish sign. Did they deliberately pick the year of culture to put it up? What culture are we celebrating?* Vegas culture?

*I know everybody's asking that but this time it's rhetorical.

I had a German lecturer at UCC who said Cork at Christmas reminded him of Las Vegas. How the class laughed at that but on reflection, he wasn't far off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Was there tuesday. It was ok, not overly impressed by it tbh but some of the shops arent open yet. The KFC wasnt up to standard as most of them dont even know what chicken is! Too many clothes shops for my liking ,golden discs are usually rubish and no electronical place!?

So as I said if you want clothes then great, anything else then go to town.

And the traffic was ok but we planned before hand when to go.

Went down there again today endin up parkin away from the car parked and walked cos the traffic was so busy! one guard no traffic lights. coming from the south link and the lane turning into Mahon P everyone from the left turn holding up traffic tryin to get into the right lane going to Mahon P its a disgrace! The traffic build up alone is a joke. Pc world should of bought a place in there, or maplins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Maplins have moved into blackpool. handy little store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Pc world should of bought a place in there, or maplins.

Great minds think alike eh... :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Went down there again today endin up parkin away from the car parked and walked cos the traffic was so busy! one guard no traffic lights. coming from the south link and the lane turning into Mahon P everyone from the left turn holding up traffic tryin to get into the right lane going to Mahon P its a disgrace! The traffic build up alone is a joke. Pc world should of bought a place in there, or maplins.

Since it opened there has been a guy sitting beside the traffic light control box and I noticed today that he is from Peek - the company who installed the lights - so maybe there are trying to tweak the sequences. Definitely part of the problem is that the lanes for the centre are not long enough and indeed on the PM side the lane for Mahon point is also the straight on lane for the tunnel...

solice wrote:
    Maplins have moved into blackpool. handy little store

Not open Yet frown.gif was out there today - its gonna be big though

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Meh, went there two weeks ago after my NCT (passed in 10 mins straight). Not impressed to be honest, its like the top half of patrick street (easons end) with a roof and a few more tracksuits. And that escalator thingy by the tescos is just wierd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Smeh, tis grand if your an old doll, might visit the cinema there the odd time. Other than that, its just full of womens clothes shops & one or two shops for mens clothes. Didnt look at Debenhams much ... have they got mens department in there ... any good?

Is it full of skangers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

There was some skangers, wackers e.t.c e.t.c no more than town though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We were going to a wedding last Saturday when my bf decided that he'd like a new shirt. So with the wedding at 2pm, we hopped into the car and off to Debenhams at 11am. An hour later, and E125 poorer we left with a very classy shirt, tie and cufflinks. Debenhams is good for men, in the sense that they have a great range, good prices and it's all located in the one spot. Which is great for lads as they don't have to traipse around

otherwise I wasn't really that impressed, it's nice and all, but the foold court is terrible, and the shop selection is dull.

However the cinema could be attractive

• Advertisement

I actually dunno what the story is with the cinema, I was ment to have a interview which mind you i forgot about untill i check my old phone which i had put that mobile number on my Cv i checked it a few days after i missed the interview, which i got a message saying all interviews was cancelled and will be on Soon again. Was kinda happy as i thought i missed it. Myself and another 4 people i no have not heard anything they havent rang anyone back yet. So basicly they have no staff, Which staff are ment to start end of Feb? Its opening Paddy's Day?

Advertisement