Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-wiring and re-plumbing....How much???

Options
  • 01-02-2005 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I am chasing a house.

The surveyor has indicated that, while I could move in as is, the wiring and the plumbing need to be redone.

The house is 1963, sub-urban Dublin.

Downstairs: Three reception rooms. Large Kitchen/Breakfast Room. Utility Room. Downstairs loo and shower.

Upstairs: Five bedrooms. Bathroom. Seperate W.C.

It has oil fired central heating, which I would get the plumber to convert to gas.

The piping for both the C.H. and water would have to be redone. The radiators are fine.

I would be in a position to hold off moving in until the work was done, giving the plumber and electrician free access to the house.

The house has floorboards throughout allowing easing access to and installation of piping and wiring.

Some of the exterior walls would need to be dry lined too.

I know nothing about this kind of thing.

Purely ballpark, what am I looking at for wiring and piping?

Given that I would be redoing the wiring, I would probably install phone points and internet connections in every room too.

Within +/- €5000, what am I looking at for this 2,100 sq. ft. house?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'd say ex vat electrically about 7K and 12K plumbing your saving a bit on the rads, you must need a new boiler. the electric price is based on standard PVC white sockets and switches etc. If you want proper data points terminated in a min hub/patch add about 200 for the hubs etc and 60 euro a pop a point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

So, about €20k plus vat for the lot, plus a bit for the higher spec that I would want (CAT 5 cabeling, really nice sockets and light switches etc...)

Pretty much what I thought.

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Before you buy your sockets give me a shout, I might be able to point you in the direction of a more cost effective range

Advertisement