Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Price

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I didn't see a specific link to this on the thread, but apologies if it was already posted:

Euro release delayed
    http://psp.ign.com/articles/585/585345p1.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why am I not surprised. At least it will give me time to save for a PSP after the DS leaves a hole in my wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

definately importing now!
    any online sites taking pre-orders for the american unit? (nothing on lik-sang or play-asia)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

[nicK] wrote:
    definately importing now!
    any online sites taking pre-orders for the american unit? (nothing on lik-sang or play-asia)

Or you could always stroll into Mr Calc in town to buy one, went in today to see if he had any games for PSP (already bought mine in Hong Kong last week for 250 euro), he had no games but expecting a few next week at 69 euro each!!

Oh by the way how much for the psp anyway?

499euro! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The usual importers will have a field day once it launches in the US and you'll prob still end up paying less than retail here when it (eventually) arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Bluehair wrote:
    Or you could always stroll into Mr Calc in town to buy one,

why would i? ebay is even cheaper than that place!
    i was talking about normal online stores (eg:gamestop.com) that take pre-orders and will also ship to ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

snoopdog wrote:
    but viper you live in england games over there are cheap enough

er..where?!

gameplay have got psp games listed as £39,99..which i make out is about 58 euros...thats cheap?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

anyone on ebay selling them for about €250 thats not an auction?

Link please?

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Cheapest I could find was €300 for value pack including game.

any links to seller? i only just joined ebay, will i have a problem?

Sean

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75556&item=8167605947&rd=1

I thought I did put that in :s

I joined ebay the day before I bought my PSP. There was no problems anywhere.

• Advertisement

If you get a Japanese import version, it'll still be region 2, which means you'll be able to play UMD movies if they're released here. The games aren't region locked, but the movies will be, so if you buy a US PSP you'll only be able to play US (Region 1) UMDs.

Not that that matters for most people, I put movies on the memory sticks anyway.

I'm also hearing rumours they'll be using inferior screens on the new (US) models. The current one is fantastic.

until you get bits of dust and crap on it..then u clean it..then you fecking mark it :mad:

That guy just stopped his £205 auction and they are now £220 + £19 (p+p) = €350 with a choice of 1 of 7 games....... Not bad, but im guessing since the european delay the price will rise slowly?

Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

just thought i'd mention this:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html

if its already been up my mistake...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

In other news .6 percent of Dell computers have to be returned due to faulty processors.

I therefore recommend no-one buys a dell PC!

Seriously, it'll be fixed in the next product revision (That dosent mean psp2)

Hopefully it'll be fixed before the europe release, but it shouldnt stop anyone from buying it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Peteee wrote:
    In other news .6 percent of Dell computers have to be returned due to faulty processors.

I therefore recommend no-one buys a dell PC!

Seriously, it'll be fixed in the next product revision (That dosent mean psp2)

Hopefully it'll be fixed before the europe release, but it shouldnt stop anyone from buying it!
    Fanboi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

6% is rather high

Gizzard,

It's 0.6%, less than 1%

I don't think it's fanboyism to point out that's a very very low return rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

koneko wrote:
    Gizzard,

It's 0.6%, less than 1%

I don't think it's fanboyism to point out that's a very very low return rate.
    early days yet.

Its such an obvious item of contention as well . I could see it being hugely annoying.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

sorry, I know that the faulty return rate is low, and it's the norm for any console to have problems during the early stages of it's release, but I do have issue with Ken Kutaragi's stance on the whole thing... I mean fair enough, he doesn't need to apologise that some machines are faulty, but this quote made me laugh:
    Offering additional testimony praising the handheld, Kutaragi said, "I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

Well, they would if the gate couldn't be opened.... :D

flogen

• Advertisement

In fairness, he wasn't speaking in English, but Japanese. Translations (particularly from Japanese to English) rarely get the impression someone is trying to give across.

It's a stupid bit of design, but they didn't want to make the unit any bigger so they opted for this instead. Crazy bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

So PSP owners, however many weeks on. What condition are your screens in? Any other defects to the facia/operation of the system to report?

Please be truthful. :( (I wont hate Sony and they will still like you if you tell the truth!)

I was never a big fan of Sony to be perfectly honest, I don't even own a PS2.

I have one dot underneath the screen that might seem like a dead pixel but it isn't. Opening up the unit and cleaning might get rid of it, but would probably trap more dirt. I can see it isn't a dead pixel, from an angle it looks like it's between the screen/picture and the front. I only notice it in the menus (because, so far, the colour is light, lightblue and now yellow) so it doesn't really bother me, though it might do if they introduce webbrowsing/e-mail, but I'll have to see if that's the case. Most of the time I don't see the dot.

I notice that [] button is squeakier than the other buttons, and feels differently, but got better with use and seems to work fine now (so far! but I'm keeping an eye on that little bastard)

Nothing else happened to the screen except some finger prints. It's a bastard for those. Shiny black picks up fingerprints like nothing else.

Nothing else really, I tried making the UMD eject like others have described online before, but it won't go. No other defects as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

oh less then 1 percent, thats fine, Im so thinking of buying the US PSP next month, however Im thinking perhaps the Japanese is better, I hear rumours that the US screen is not as good as the japanese screen, the japanese screen is made by Sharp and the USA screen is made by someone in China, this is unconfirmed, secondly Japan is the same region as Europe for movies.

Would I be right in thinking that the Liksang price of the PSP will drop as the USA date gets closer? or should I just buy now?

I'll be 100% honest about this. The screen on my PSP is as perfect as when I took it out of the box. No dead pixels and no dust under the cover. But its a bastard to keep finger prints off it. The square button presses differently to the rest but it still works fine.

The triggers feels very cheap, its easy to get the left one stuck if you press it a certain way and the right one feels loose. But they still work perfectly for thing like changing view activating nitro.

The analog nub feels great to use, very sessitive and precise but I get a sore thumb after about 20min of using it. I haven't heard any other reports of this so it could just be my hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,568 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mine has a dead pixel but i take no notice of it and that bloody [] button :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

My screen is as perfect as the day i got it, a speck of dust under screen but its not noticable. Square button "feels" different to press it, but its the same with everyones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,568 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

L5 wrote:
    My screen is as perfect as the day i got it, a speck of dust under screen but its not noticable. Square button "feels" different to press it, but its the same with everyones.
    why is the square button like that

One side of the square is over the side of the screen. They had to do this for it all to fit.

Have a look around for pics of a transparent PSP its pretty obvious.

• Advertisement

mines fine..ish about from where ive marked the screen cleaning it..or rubbing too hard because it gets damn mucky :(

cant notice them when its turned on though...

no dead pixels or any other problems as of yet though ...

Advertisement