Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 into €700

Options
  • 01-02-2005 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Anyone have any (helpful) suggestions on how to make 50 euros into 700 in 1 day?

I have just had worst day of my life so please no wise cracks.

Any suggestions welcome and needed quick!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

If you're considering trying to play poker to do this then don't. Chasing money is a sure fire way to lose it. Your head is not in the right place for winning money! Take the loses and try again when you're in a better frame of mind. I know this is not what you want ot hear but believe me it is for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ian147100

I may have a suggestion. However, I must ask some questions before I divulge my emergency moneymaking information. Basically I want to see is this cause a worthy one or do you just require the money to buy a set of golf clubs.

1. Why do you need the money so quickly?
    2. Isn't it possible to defer the impending payment or purchase until a later date?
    3. Is this the only reasonable solution to your problem i.e. have you asked your family and friends for assistance?

If your reasoning is satisfactory then I'll respond before 3 p.m. with a probable solution to your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ian147100

Had you replied I was going to tell you to stick it all on a horse in the 3:50 p.m race at Newcastle today, the jockey is a relative of mine and he says that the horse is an absolute machine. Obviously you're not that interested in getting yourself out of the mess you're in so I'll just keep it to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I need 700 too. I'm off to Leeds next weekend and we need to bribe the Reading forwards to stay in their own half for the last 20 minutes...

What's the horse called? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hey id like some of that action :)

ah cmon share the wealth

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Lets guess!

Claymills R Garritty
    Crackington B Harding
    Lionheart G Lee
    Rosslare P Whelan
    Crystal Runner Mr E Whillans
    Culbann N Hannity
    Diklers Rose James Davies
    Reckless Ruby P Buchanan
    Blue Wing A Dobbin
    General Hardi Mr T Greenall

I reckon number 4. Good solid Irish name :)

what i would have guessed too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Winner: (7) Diklers Rose (James Davies) 9/4
    3rd: 4) Rosslare (P Whelan) 5/1

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Perhaps it was like one of those banjaxed machines in the corner of my room...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

Ian147100 wrote:
    Had you replied I was going to tell you to stick it all on a horse in the 3:50 p.m race at Newcastle today, the jockey is a relative of mine and he says that the horse is an absolute machine. Obviously you're not that interested in getting yourself out of the mess you're in so I'll just keep it to myself.

tips don't work. If this horse hadn't run before it could have broken down, if it was a chase it could fall, maybe there was an even bigger "machinE" in the race.

PS. I'll take it by your silence, that it didn't win :eek:

Advertisement