Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone started mocks yet?

Options
  • 01-02-2005 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Has anyone started their mocks yet? How's it going?

We're starting tomorrow morning!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

dont start til the 10th, thank god

french is first tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

I'm starting with enlgish. 9.05 - 3.40 tomorrow with only 20 minutes for lunch!

If anyone has started what did ye get in english? I know all the papers aren't the same but I know the poets that are coming up on ours - all the ones we don't have done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Started with Honours Maths paper 1 on Monday. Lets just say I need to do a lot of work for paper 2. Pass english 2day was a doddle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah, The sixth years are starting tomorrow as well, Paul. They seem to have a long day ahead of them.. with only 1 twenty minute break.

thats crap! ya need more than 20 mins to restrengthen your mind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Good luck to all you doing your mocks. The mocks are rubbish but I guarantee you guys they will put you in good shape for the real thing, the L**ving C*rt.

:) *Best of Luck* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Yeah, just started on Monday. I just realised how much I don't know. Had a really really bad TD exam today,

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mine start proper on monday next week

but got irish and german aural on thursday and friday respectively

i'm screwed for german we've have about 5 different sub teachers this year alone

just home from doing both english papers and they we OK for the most part... there wasn't really a good enough choice on the essays and the question that was put in for us for the poety wasn't that easy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just to say best of luck to you all! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

started my pres on monday(31jan)....so far iv had
    monday:Eng1 and home ec
    tuesday:Eng2 and Maths1
    wednesday:irish paper1
    today:maths2.......have that exam in less than an hour! (y am i on here?lol)
    tomorrow:biology....must try and get through all my bio course2nyt!

dreading monday:irish2 and german!!!!!
    tuesday:business
    wednesday:irish oral

finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mid-term!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fun!!!!!!!!!!!

g'luck to everyone whos doing or will be doing theirs!
    regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Starting tomorrow with Physics at 12:30

Monday : English 1 and 2 and we are missing 20 minutes off each of them :(
    Tuesday : Maths 1 and Irish 1
    Wednesday: Irish 2 and Applied Maths
    Thursday : Maths 2
    Friday : German and Chemistry.

My oral in German is on this saturday and the aural in Irish is on Tueday afternoon and German aural is Friday after German.

yey!!!!! one week down!!! im alive! lol
    had all my aurals during the double classes week before the pre's started..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Ugh, I'm just about half dead after week one and next week's looking awful - Maths P2 and Irish P2 on Monday, neither of which I know anything for. *scared*

another day down...irish paper2 and german

irish paper2 was really bad...totally did not prepare for it at all....twas funny really..!

gota do all my business now tonight....sud be fun, though i am used to the crammin by now since i started last monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

So lads, what the hell came up on yer exams? All i've done in my prees so far is French tape, was so simple, the one where the last question, its answer was the government were building homes "des foyers". What poets came up for you in English and what poems in Irish? And what history essay titles etc. I wana know all.

ooh i had a different french tape so watch out

my french is tomorrow, apparantly its impossible. nice

Just to let you know shivface on my french paper we were asked to write about someone we've had the privilege of knowing. The exam was really general so you could really write anything and I threw in a lot of stuff I learnt for the oral. One of the comprehensions was absolutely impossible. You probably won't get the same but why not tell you?

I'm so glad I have my last exam tomo, the mocks have been really rough on me probably cos I realised I knew so little, oops maybe I'll start studying soon.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

got maths paper 2 tomorrow.
    This really showed me how much i cant remember.
    I was doing maths paper 1 on monday and completely froze i just blanked but sure thats what there for to scare the c*ap into u.
    Will probably pass every exam except for german thats a definite fail.
    it will show me aswell if it is good to think i will get around 350 in my LC. Need around 250 for what i want to do.
    I'll be studying everyday from after the mocks.

no exams today and i'm finishing tomorrow with economics in the afternoon. it's gonna be a disaster coz i know absolutely nothing!! wish me luck....

• Advertisement

im finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    had my last written exam on tuesday and had my irish oral today which went ok!

I just finished :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Hey Colin, what was your paper 1 like?
    Was the first question Let x = 1- square root 3 y = 1 + square root 3. Express blah blah in the form of a square root b?

feckers to all you finished, so far i've done

English paper 1 + 2
    Maths paper 1 + 2
    Geography
    Biology
    Irish paper 1

still to go are

irish paper 2 (tomorrow friday 10th)

week off for midterm

german (wednesday 23rd feb)
    Accounting (friday 25th feb)

hate the way there's a ****ing big break between my exams just for the sake of two exams it's pure ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭captain_frances

Last day of Mocking tomorrow, thank god!! Plus, it's only art, which wont be too bad. If anyone wants a hand with whats on some of the papers, gimme a shout! :p

afaik there are about 4/5 different mock papers that go around.

there's 3 higher english classes in my school and we all got different papers

ive only started! french, irish listening and maths I. double damn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

whew
    i ve got my last 2 exams tomorrow and thats it! im going to arizona then for a few months, just coming back for the leaving!

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    whew
    i ve got my last 2 exams tomorrow and thats it! im going to arizona then for a few months, just coming back for the leaving!

wow that's dodgey i'd definlately wouldn't be doing that.

you got all the course finished in all your subjects?

• Advertisement
Advertisement