Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the chemical brothers new album Push the button

• 01-02-2005 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

have any of yas got it yet? http://www.thechemicalbrothers.com/

i only saw some new chems songs on soulseek that I didn't have.. I've downloaded a few of them, _I will buy the album_....

Hold Tight London is really cool, classic longplay chems...

don't like push the button thought, annoying sample...

I would love to see them at a nightclub but I won't go to the point again to see them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the big jump is su****ingpoib
    good all round album tbh... it'll be in my playlist for a while, anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Just got this a few days ago.
    Hold Tight London is the stand-out track for me, really like the
    vocals on it aswell.
    Can't stand Galvanize at all.
    As tman said, its a good album overall.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I like it, wouldnt consider it fantastic or anything but worth having.

Off topic but the Depeche Mode remix album which I just got last week is really good, particularly the "Enjoy The Silence" remix, worth having just for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

been listening to this and the new daft punk album for the last few days and think they are both brilliant - some great beats in there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Felixdhc wrote:
    I like it, wouldnt consider it fantastic or anything but worth having.

Off topic but the Depeche Mode remix album which I just got last week is really good, particularly the "Enjoy The Silence" remix, worth having just for that.
    Enjoy the Silence [Reinterpreted Mike Shinoda]?? i've had that for a while I din't know that was new. I like that track a lot, any other tracks which you would recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Enjoy the Silence [Reinterpreted Mike Shinoda]?? i've had that for a while I din't know that was new. I like that track a lot, any other tracks which you would recommend?

Yeah, thats the one. I don't know when that mix came out but I have the remixes album which I bought last week. The album is 2004 though. With regards to recommendations, what types of dance do you like and do you buy vinyl or cds or both? I mainly collect old vinyl (1990 - 1997 main interest) and it would be anything from house to trance to techno from back then. I do buy a lot of current and old CD's but not really recent dance vinyl. I could have endless recommendations just depends on what you like! One track that springs to mind because I was listening to it this morning is Primal Scream - Jailbird (Dust Brothers Remix), great track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

anyone listen to the remix of it, Flip The Switch?
    www.chemicalbrothersremixed.com

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

Mikill wrote:
    anyone listen to the remix of it, Flip The Switch?
    www.chemicalbrothersremixed.com

surface to air remix is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Just got this, sounds great.

Hold Tight London is excellent.

Seems a nice sound and less hardcorish c/t previous big hits on other albums. Very nice almost 80s electronica meets modern beats.

I read a couple of okay reviews, I am much more impressed having listened to it (and not just hearing Galvanise which is good but there are better tracks on it). Plus, it seems they are relying less on a instantly catchy phrase like Hey Boy Hey Girl, Block Rocking Beats, etc., . Great album and better than I expected after so many years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bartman

"Lett forevrer Sun" wit noel gallerher is de best 1. That the new 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bartman wrote:
    "Lett forevrer Sun" wit noel gallerher is de best 1. That the new 1?

Let forever be you mean ? Thats on Surrender...

I like the new album, its not that dancey, more party music. Believe is my current favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Good album all right, Believe and Hold Tight London are my favourites.

pretty good album. Got it burned so dont know the names, reckon track four is the best though (who does the vocals??)
    Dont think it has the same life span as Surrender or Dig but still quality, gets a bit weak towards the end, the last two tracks arent the best
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Yeah mate number 4 is Hold Tight London. Can't remember who does the vocals, probably get it from some review on Amazon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Vocals on Hold Tight London are by Anna Lynne Williams from Trespassers William.

Never heard of them, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Yeah its a good album. I saw them live last week in Dublin, they were brilliant.

Advertisement