Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSN Search

Options
  • 01-02-2005 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

I was looking at the new MSN Search (search.msn.com) which just came out of beta yesterday. It looks very neat, however, I noticed that Ireland wasn’t included in the Country search.

I understand that we are not a huge Empire, but we are not Tuvalu or the Federated Republic of Micronesia either. Google offer an Irish Country search, they even offer it As Gaeilge, so seeing as MSN are in competition with Google the least they could have done was to include ourselves.

Maybe I just ranting, but I’ll stick with G for a while yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

FreeHost wrote:
    I was looking at the new MSN Search (search.msn.com) which just came out of beta yesterday. It looks very neat, however, I noticed that Ireland wasn’t included in the Country search.
    The first results of MSN Search are interesting though not exactly groundbreaking. The people who wrote the msnbot crawler are morons though. (It has caused more hassle and been banned outright by many webmasters due to its braindead behaviour.) It is not as comprehensive an index as Google or Yahoo and there is duplication of sites. Though in its favour, there seems to be some effort put into removing spammers. There was a pile of non-existent URL requests on some sites (sites running php/Apache that had never had asp and had never been
    I understand that we are not a huge Empire, but we are not Tuvalu or the Federated Republic of Micronesia either. Google offer an Irish Country search, they even offer it As Gaeilge, so seeing as MSN are in competition with Google the least they could have done was to include ourselves.
    It is my island. ;) Actually MSN has never really been a player here and creating an Ireland only sub index when they have other concerns to sort out first would probably waste too much of their development time for too small a return.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement