Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tax back on your years salary

Options
  • 01-02-2005 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Someone told me that you can type in your PRSI number on some site and it will tell you if you have paid to much tax last year and if you are intitled to some tax back

anyone know if this is true. or know the site ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

tell us the site pls ppl if anyone knows it, I also heard something about this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Tax Calc

Im owed €273, sweet!

I handed in my P60 to the tax office, how long does it normally take?

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Tax Calc

Im owed €273, sweet!

Sean

Wont be too long usually 7 - 10 working days, afaik. niceone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

how accurate is that tax calculator? i've used it a number of times over the last two years and its always said i should be getting an extra €10-15 per month than i catually get in my pay packet...

It also isnt exactly the link the poster was on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Tax Calc

Im owed €273, sweet!

Sean

That web address is:
    http://www.esatclear.ie/~grabe/TaxCalc/TaxCalc.html

...doesn't look very official to me. How do you know the site isn't just grabbing your PPS number for nefarious purposes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

galactus wrote:
    That web address is:
    http://www.esatclear.ie/~grabe/TaxCalc/TaxCalc.html

...doesn't look very official to me. How do you know the site isn't just grabbing your PPS number for nefarious purposes?

maybe coz it does'nt ask for you PPS no.

it's just a calculator that you gotta input all your salary details/VHI/mortgage etc and it works out what you should be paying tax wise. looks good and fairly up to date too.

good linky, must bookmark it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I owe them .48 cent haha,,

ahh never mind,,, better luck next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Eye wrote:
    maybe coz it does'nt ask for you PPS no.

it's just a calculator that you gotta input all your salary details/VHI/mortgage etc and it works out what you should be paying tax wise. looks good and fairly up to date too.

good linky, must bookmark it.

m'kay :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Scruff wrote:
    how accurate is that tax calculator? i've used it a number of times over the last two years and its always said i should be getting an extra €10-15 per month than i catually get in my pay packet...

It also isnt exactly the link the poster was on about.

That is what i was looking for ,

It doesnt tell you your wages,, or what your wages whould be,,, It's just for Tax back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

NeVeR wrote:
    It doesnt tell you your wages,, or what your wages whould be,,, It's just for Tax back.

it'll tell you your monthly and weekly wages too. just select which one you want from the drop down box beside the "show" button, click it and bob's your uncle

• Advertisement
Advertisement