Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The First Ever Console

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Return Fire, great war game, Incredible in 2 player

That was the game I was thinking of.
    Don't know where you're getting the 7 or 5 32-bit cores from

Well not 5 cores but 5 chips controlling different things such as sound and video.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You have that the wrong way. The Jaguar was advertised as a 64-bit console but was actually 2 32-bit chips.

The PS was a true 32-bit system

Yes, starting to come back to me now.
    I remember having a 3DO t-shirt. I remember when its sales were flagging you just had to send a letter to them and you got info on the console and a t-shirt free.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No I think the big black amiga was called the CDTV, remember seeing it running in Clerys computer department, playing some pre-rendered footage of a fighter jet, wow thats the coolest thing I have Ever seen, I says to myself, will games ever look that good?
    Only had to wait for warhawk on the PS one and I had my answer!

I still love my 3DO and won't hear a word against it, Trip Hawkins is a god!
    Road Rash Rules!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well sometimes, maybe only in dreams, must start taking the dried frog pills again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

My parents bought me a ColecoVision (June 1982):
    Colecovision_System.jpg

This was a couple of years after they bought me a Texas Instruments TI994a (june 1991):
    ti-994a.jpg

They certainly knew how to pick 'em!

Great machines, both of them. Both has cartridge slots for games.. Legend..
    Wish I still had them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i've a good book that i got free with a pc mag that gives the history of computer games, not very long but a great read
    such as Asteroids was actually one of the first games created but they thought it would be too difficult for people to play so wasn't seen till years later

oh! and if anyone can name my first console i'd be appreciated
    it was a pong style coleco thing (could even have been!) it had 3or 4 games tennis, squash, football and maybe one other game, but they were all just derivatives of the pong bat and ball game
    it had 2 pads with a twisty knob and a red button (might have only been on one)
    if you gurus can remember i'd be greatful, its been doing my nog in for years as to what it was

• Advertisement
Advertisement