Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know this?

Options
  • 02-02-2005 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

theres an old bluesy sounding song which is being used on a bupa ad at the mo.
    it features a really bassy sounding lead vocalist and some high pitched backing singers singing "i want to be ready" in harmony :D
    anyone know the name of the artist/group?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

come on anyone? this yoke will drive me nuts otherwise :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

nope its not that one thats too recent this yoke sounds like it was recorded in the 1930's - 1950's (and ben harper dosent sing that low)

thanks fer tryin though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Haven't seen the ad. How about this one? Might be a biteen gospelly though.

I've got another tune in my head and it might well be the one you've heard but I can't remember any of the lyrics except the trigger ones you've provided (so, well, that's bugger all good to you really).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that song off the bupa ad has had me intrigued for ages

• Advertisement

im reckon its a gospel number alright, i think these are possibly the lyrics http://www.negrospirituals.com/news-song/i_want_to_be_ready.htm
    but i dont know how to find out who is the actual artist/group on the bupa ad,
    ill have to buy that praticular recording and listen to it a few times to get the song out of my head. im thinking i might phone bupa on my day off then find out who does their advertising . a bit extreme i know but otherwise ill be singing the same line of this song in my head till im dead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Sallybags

i tried asking this lot about that song but nobody gave me the answer. fecking useless

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Try HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

this was brought up on the television boards a lil while ago....

try over there.... if the thread isn't still about then post it up and then someone will surely remember.... unlike me....

hope that helps :D

Advertisement