Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Micra radio advert

Options
  • 02-02-2005 12:19pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I heard an advert on the radio on my way to work this morning. It was two girls talking and one couldn't find cheap insurance so the other recommended that she should get a micra and avail of the free insurance as the 1st girl was 19 and had a full licence for 2 years.
    Is it possible to be 19 and have held a full licence for 2 years in this country?
    The minimum age to drive a car (or even a micra!) is 17. It takes the best part of a year to get the test. She did all this when she was 17?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I am 19 and have 2 half years.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I am 19 and have 2 half years.
    2 half years? :confused:

kbannon I've heard of people who apply for their test so they can do it when they hit 17, or people who use the "I need it for work excuse" to get one quickly, so maybe that's what they're on about.

Is the free insurance not on Corsas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

two and a half years sorry,Ya i applied for mine the day of my 17 birthday got a good few lessons, and did it about 2 months later

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

fair enough - didn't think it was really that possible given the crap system here.
    Seamus - it may be on corsas but is defo on micraps

Advertisement