Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knocklyon v templeogue v firhouse

Options
  • 02-02-2005 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

thinking of moving house to one of these areas - how long (bussing it) is journey time in to city centre? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sydney wrote:
    thinking of moving house to one of these areas - how long (bussing it) is journey time in to city centre? :)
    45-60 minutes at peak, less off peak. Try to find somewhere with multiple bus routes, closer to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Firhouse has a shíte bus service - i.e. the 49. Had to deal with that bus for 20 years of my life - never again. The 15 that services knocklyon is much better. But the price difference between D24 and D16 is huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭minnie_mouse

templeouge has best selection of buses, tho it would be more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Well I live in knocklyon , and am very familiar with templeogue too,
    Well temp would have alot more buses passing through,bus doesnt take too long , like 20/30mins max,thats prob off peak tho,I wouldnt travel much during peak,any other things you'd like to know cept for buses?

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Templeogue has the 15/B/ 49 65/B/C and the 54A and 150 (although a 15 minute walk away - Knocklyon has the 15 and the rest the 49 - Templeogue is a nice place to live in but I wouldn't base where I would buy on bus services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Your best bet is somewhere down the north-east end of Knocklyon - though it gets very expensive, as you're into 5-bed detached territory there.

Ideally you want to get quite close to the Templeogue bridge. Individually, Knocklyon Firhouse and Northern Templeogue don't have *great* bus services, they can be hit-and-miss at times. The N81 though, from Templogue Bridge into town is a main artery with great bus services. If you can get within 5/10 mins walk of there, you're sorted for bussing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Better still buy a bike and live where you want - I cycle in in 20 minutes each morning and home in 25 from town

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Coming from Firhouse on the 49, it's about 35 minutes off peak and 45-70 minutes in peak traffic. Grr.

Advertisement