Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcast Games

Options
  • 02-02-2005 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

alright lads!

today i am picking up a dreamcast for €30 with no games. im trying to compile a list of games to get for it as you all know it is a great console.

Let the naming begin.....

oh yeah, im into almost all genres of gaming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Shenmue 1 & 2, Jet Set Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Toy commander, skies of arcadia, resident evil code veronica, virtua tennis, alone in the dark are all worth a look (Especially toy commander)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

WWF Royal Rumble, Crazy Taxi and Any sonic game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Samba de amigo with maracas controller, Street Fighter 3, Rez, House of the Dead 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

cool stuff lads, keep em coming! i'm assuming that these can be got relatively cheaply yes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well not Samba de Amigo. The rest should be reasonably inexpensive if you can find them. Shenmue 2 is increasing in price but its worth it.

I think Ecco the dolphin is supposed to be good as well as Headhunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

dreacast games can be hard to find, i'd buy them off the internet, maybe ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Chu Chu Rocket is amazingly intense multiplayer fun.
    Ikaruga can be hard to get. As can Propeller Arena. Both are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Oh yeah Crazy taxi! forgot about that; hours of fun. Propellor arena and chu chu rocket, as mentioned above, are great multiplayer games. Ikaruga's a bastard of a game; very difficult. Yeah headhunter's pretty good too.

Cheap and will give you years of entertainment but hard to find. A mate of mine used to operate a small gamestore from home, I'll ask him if he has anything lying around that he'd be willing to part with for cheap (or free) but, yeah the net's probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Grandia 2 is a great RPG...

The two PowerStone games are great 4 player fighting games.

Soul Calibur of course...

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 was great on the DC too...

Phantasy Star Online also ate up alot of my time on the Dreamcast.

Metropolis Street Racer is a great driving game and was the precursor to Project Gotham Racing on the Xbox.

• Advertisement

Border Down is a nice little shooter but hard to get as well. The same team also released another shooter on the dreamcast in japan recently. Can't think of the name.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Bangai-oh! If you can find it get it. Its one of the most intense games I've ever played.

thanks for the replies lads, much appreciated!! :D

got the dreamcast anyway all set up and ready to go and then i realised i have to finish an economics paper for uni :(

keep the recommendations coming lads.

oh yeah anyone know if its hard to chip as well???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

You don't need to chip it if you want to play 'backups' AFAIK. There's a well established DC emu and hacking scene so you should find some info if you google - I think you require Alcohol 120 to do burn the discs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

ikaruga
    bangai-o
    virtua tennis 2
    metropolis street racer
    soul calibur
    sonic adventure 1 & 2
    f355 challenge
    zero gunner 2
    giga wing 1 & 2
    bomber hehhe
    tokyo bus guide
    street fighter 3 - third strike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hay sound_wave, i think i can get you 3 new ''unopened'' games in work. Although i cant remember what they are, your more then welcome to them for free.I'll find out more tomorrow. :D

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

In this order (roughly):
    Crazy Taxi
    Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
    Power Stone
    (PAL version has no 60Hz mode - Get the US one instead)
    Zero Gunner 2 (Japan Only)
    Shenmue and Shenmue 2
    Jet Set Radio

A proper SCART lead and a boot disc - DC-X or XPloder. Or a VGA adaptor and a PC monitor for great picture quality!

CombatCow wrote:
    Hay sound_wave, i think i can get you 3 new ''unopened'' games in work. Although i cant remember what they are, your more then welcome to them for free.I'll find out more tomorrow. :D

CC

sweetness :D!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

powertsone
    and street fighter 3 - third strike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Border Down is a nice little shooter but hard to get as well. The same team also released another shooter on the dreamcast in japan recently. Can't think of the name.

I got Border Down about a year ago. Still haven't opened it. More money then sense me thinks :)

By far my favourite DC game is Skies of Arcadia. Probably one of my favourite games of all time. Also worth getting is Powerstone, Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi and Virtua Tennis (the only sports game I ever liked).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I play a hell of alot of Daytona USA on mine, just loop round and round on time trial. Used play the arcade version every day in college for like a year and it's easily as good. You'd miss the gear stick but the last unlockable car is a monster. It's like the Mcclarren in Scud Racer. The power slides are suweet.

I also play a ton of Bangai-O, SF3: Third Strike and King of the Fighters '99: Dream Match (aka KoF '98).

The DC is a wonderful system for a quick arcade fix. I don't have the attention span for the ****ing 20 hour death march games everybody seems to be making these days.

Advertisement