Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<!-- #include file="filename.inc" --> not working in html file

Options
  • 02-02-2005 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi all,

Maybe you can help me out on this one.. i have created an application mapping for the .inc extension on IIS and restarted the web services..
    what am i doing wrong.. ?

Note: works if the file using the SSI is .asp opposed to .html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

AlisonB wrote:
    Hi all,

Maybe you can help me out on this one.. i have created an application mapping for the .inc extension on IIS and restarted the web services..
    what am i doing wrong.. ?

Note: works if the file using the SSI is .asp opposed to .html
    So use the asp extension then? Is there a reason you can't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

tried it with asp on staging server .. which his internal .. .net framework is not installed on webserver that is outside the DMZ (which is the server i need it working on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well if you're using ASP.NET, you'll need the framework installed on any server its going to be run off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Try .shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

Well if you're using ASP.NET, you'll need the framework installed on any server its going to be run off.
    I'm not using ASP. it's a standard html file. converting the html file to .asp was a simple a test on the staging server to see would it work.. will try shtml crumbs thx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

AlisonB wrote:

It won't include?
    Probably because .html isn't parsed, so you need to rename test.html to test.shtml .. or you could try and copy the .shtml mapping to .html

OR
    It will include but just displays your ASP code, you want the output of that ASP, not the code?
    You probably need to use #execute rather than #include .. and #excute test.inc assumes you have the propper app mapping set up for .inc

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

AlisonB wrote:
    I'm not using ASP. it's a standard html file. converting the html file to .asp was a simple a test on the staging server to see would it work.. will try shtml crumbs thx.

Standard HTML files don't include files. Includes only work with server parsed files such as cgi, shtml, php, asp files etc.

Advertisement