Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITrip Frequency

Options
  • 02-02-2005 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Just wondering what frequency people in Dublin and Cork have their ITrip set to.
    Last year I bought the IPod and ITrip instead on a new CD changer for the car, hoping to have all my music everytime i am driving.
    I live in the midlands and do a fair bit of travelling and everytime i go near either city i have to put the ipod away and listen to the radio.
    I have it set at 106.50 and is fine until i get to Rathcoole in Dublin and Fermoy when travelling to Cork.
    Is there anyway of finding a frequecy that won't be hijacked when traveling.
    p.s. I don't want to start changing frequencies when driving.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

iv the iTrip too....i use 107.4 which seems to be the best for me....i never have any interference or static. As for your cd changer, i was told you can hook a cable from the back of your head unit straight to your ipod. The cable that runs from your head unit to your cd changer is a line out (i think) and there is a cable that will fit.

So u get music perfect from your ipod through your head unit. Only bad thing is the wire is going to go through the bottom of your dash. As in where the plastic ends down by the feet.

Its an option! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Thanks Dirtyharry,

it is just a tape player in the car and there is no line out feed so that option doesn't work. I have cables for all the music systems in the house though. they all seem to have white cables dangling from them waiting for me to plug in the player. :)

Where are you based?
    I am using 106.50 and it is fine here but not when i go to Dublin.
    Will have to try 107.4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Antenna

87.5 and 108.0 would be the least troublesome frequencies for I-Trips nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

RustySpoon wrote:
    Thanks Dirtyharry,

it is just a tape player in the car and there is no line out feed so that option doesn't work.

You van buy a tape adapter, 3.5mm plug goes into your MP3 headphone socket and connects to a tape cassette shaped adapter that pops into your car stereo tape deck (or home stereo etc etc).

I know Argos do them complete with a vent mounting kit for €26.

I'm sure you can get 'em cheaper on ebay. They were all the rage years ago to connect discmen to car radios before CD's became standard issue in cars.

The only potentail draw back is the device makes a very slight sound as the cogs turn (similar to the noise a standard cassette makes). But if you play the music load enough this isn't an issue.

The sound from this adapter will be better than the FM modulator as radio stations won't be cutting across the signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JohnLS

My work takes me all over the 32 counties and I use 92.4 . It works everywhere except around Belfast where BBC Radio 3 interfers with it.

Pheonix FM around Castleknock used the same band but this station is transmitted so low that it doesn't matter. In fact I have the RDS auto tuner set to Pheonix FM so that it doesn't automatically
    try to tune into a better signal for BBC Radio 3 while I'm up around Belfast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement