Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HUman Remains found in Killiney

• 02-02-2005 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

I just heard about this, apparantly they were digging for a lift shaft at the dart station and came accross human remains. Ive heard nothing else, but by the way they call it remains the body must be old. Has anyone heard anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

It was all over the news yesterday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

That doesnt help

It's easy to read the papers you know..... :eek:

Irish Indo....

GARDAI are awaiting the results of an examination on human remains found at a Dublin Dart station to determine if foul play is suspected or not.

The discovery of the remains was made by workmen at Killiney Dart station on Dublin's south side yesterday morning.

Workmen, who had knocked down a wall behind a platform at the station to begin preparatory work for putting in lift shafts, were clearing heavy shrubbery and undergrowth when they found what appeared to be human remains.

Members of the Garda Technical Bureau carried out a preliminary examination of the scene while Assistant State Pathologist Dr Michael Curtis conducted his own examination at the scene.

However, a full examination will be made by Dr Curtis at the State Laboratory today to determine the cause of death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

Terrier wrote:
    It's easy to read the papers you know..... :eek:

hmmm

Hmm.. right back at ya ;)

• Advertisement

Ok maybe I should have been clearer, I was wondering how old the body is or if they had found out anything new.

RTE
    "It is believed to be that of a male.
    Dental records are due to be studied in an attempt to uncover his identity."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

Any more updates on this one? Can't find anything on Google news...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Heard from a reliable source that it could be Lord Lucan....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

OFDM wrote:
    Heard from a reliable source that it could be Lord Lucan....

I heard Lord Longford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

morlan wrote:
    Any more updates on this one? Can't find anything on Google news...

I heard on the radio today that they think it is the remains of someone who went missing and was last seen in 2002 at the Killiney court hotel across the road from the Dart Station. They are doing DNA tests. I found this link on the missing person website
    http://www.missing.ws/_missingPersons/missingPerson.asp?id=32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Not good news for killiney, the millionaires will be worried :)

Its kind of odd how this faded out of the news................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

It was identified as the chap who disappeared a few years ago in Killiney, Michael Murphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I wonder what happened between the time he "was jumping over a wall near the car park of the hotel" and the time he found his (almost) final resting place closeby.. Bit of a morbid question perhaps, but I bet I'm not the only one wondering..

K.

It was identified as the chap who disappeared a few years ago in Killiney, Michael Murphy.

I cant find that on the web

Advertisement