Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aa Kk

Options
  • 02-02-2005 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Once upon a time....you wake up in the blinds with AA or KK.
    Playing .50/1 Ladbrokes 6 Seater...stack sizes are quite deep..4 players(incl. u) have $300+
    MP raises to 6BB..

How dependent is the reraise on villains stack size??

I lost 2 large pots last night when I re-raised PF w/ AA KK and opponent flopped set. "Snarred rapid" I was...

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not much you can do about that. I'll take the chances that he hits a set every time with AA.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

What you don't want to do is make the minimum raise possible, if your opponent is any good then he will recognise this and will call with any 2 cards, knowing that if he hits a hand better than AA or KK he will take your money.

As well as that if the board comes all one suit or something lke 8-9-10, which is a scary board for AA or KK, he can bluff you out of it.

With AA or KK in the BB I'd be tempted to stick it all in trying to get QQ or AKs to call, or else make a hefty raise, 3 x his raise maybe, so that he'll make a mistake calling with his JJ or whatever.
    Better to win a small pot preflop than lose a big one post-flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DeVore wrote:
    Not much you can do about that. I'll take the chances that he hits a set every time with AA.

DeV.

In deep stacked games against good opponents AA is worth almost nothing. Out of position and its a nightmare.

Advertisement