Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a text message to a korean mobile phone

Options
  • 02-02-2005 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if this is possible? If so....how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

How about:

00+Korean country code(82 for South Korea)+number?

It should be like sending to any other country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Nah, ive tried that. aint working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Phone your operator and ask if your phone is presently blocked from making international calls and/or SMS. You may also have gotton the format of the number wrong or be missing a network prefix (have them text you).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

When they text me the 00 at the beginning is missing...phone is not blocked for sending sms....maybe it just cant be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

What sort of network is it being sent to? According to the GSM World site there are 2 networks in (South) Korea - both of which are 3G and only one of which is live. Neither have any roaming agreements listed - not that this is in the slightest bit relevant to their receiving SMS but they might well not allow incoming international SMS. If you know the person there, get them to call their network operator to ask if SMS from international GSM networks should work.

It's highly likely not to work to any non GSM related network (I'm including the 3G in GSM "related"). No idea what technology they have (CDMA etc) for their 2G networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

fade2black wrote:
    When they text me the 00 at the beginning is missing...phone is not blocked for sending sms....maybe it just cant be done
    Are you sending to "+82xxxxxxxx" or to "82xxxxxxxx"?

Advertisement