Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate PONCHOS!

• 02-02-2005 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

I think its time everyone stopped wearing goddamn ponchos cause its been a case of over kill!!!!!
    I hate seeing all the people wearing them in town- especially the cheap ones. They just look tacky.
    The nicest poncho i seen was one by John Rocha at Debenhams but i'd never buy them cause i hate being a sheep. It was so last season too, the caps or bolero's were towards the end of the season and aren't too bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I think its time everyone stopped wearing goddamn ponchos cause its been a case of over kill!!!!!
    I hate seeing all the people wearing them in town- especially the cheap ones. They just look tacky.
    The nicest poncho i seen was one by John Rocha at Debenhams but i'd never buy them cause i hate being a sheep. It was so last season too, the caps or bolero's were towards the end of the season and aren't too bad.

I agree. They look especially bad on big-chested people - ponchos make them look like barrels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Oh god, me too. Especially those tiny little ones that're mad out of thin hole-patterned wool- for gods sake people, they're meant to keep you WARM, not let drafts in! And then you see people with ponchos, tops, boots (tucked into jeans, of course) all in the same bloody colour, and they look like one of those barbies that come with customisable outfits. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

argh ponchos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

and then theres the glittery ones...............omg dont get me started on the glittery ones!

aaah glitter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I also hate the way it was harder to find nice cardigans this year because so much of shops' knitwear sections was taken up with ponchos. Did anyone else notice this?

yep i did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I could make a comment about Iraqi prisoners standing on boxes wearing ponchos, but meh. Why state the obvious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The only ponchos are the ones you find in remote villages in South America, made from at least several llamas and of thick enough material that, if you so desired, you could thatch your house with it.
    Any other kind of ponchos are just pretending.

But yeah, whatever is popular fashion at the time, probability will have me hating it.

My english teacher has one of those Purple :D it comes down to her knees, is a good centimetre thick, and is basically a carpet with a hole in it. It rocks, but thats because as you said tis a proper poncho, not a smegfilled craptehtitty crap one. </juvenille language>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

the boleros and capes are nice though. I got a black wool one from GAP in NY with sparkly silver goin through it and i love the fact that i've seen no one else wearin it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

clint.gif

the boleros and capes are nice though. I got a black wool one from GAP in NY with sparkly silver goin through it and i love the fact that i've seen no one else wearin it
    I love when you get clothes like that.
    This is totally off topic, but oh well. I got a pair of trousers from Miss Selfridge (which is unusual for me) a good while ago, and I've never, ever seen anyone else wearing them.

Back to ponchos... well, I stand by my previous point. And anyway, aren't ponchos hella illogical for this country? I mean, nobody is wearing them for warmth, and wouldn't there be all drafts as well? What is the point of wearing ponchos anyway? And I mean any kind, does anyone know what the practical original point of them is? (I realise this paragraph is an example of the worst everything ever, but damnit I wrote 12 and a half pages in an exam today I don't need english anymore)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I]kev puts on crash helmet and body armour and awaits slaying[/I
    I love ponchos, i think they look dead sexy!*
    [/]

*on some girls

ah i was getting ready to hate you forever!but true they can look good on certain girls damn them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

yeah they do look good on girls who can carry it off, not every tom dick and jacinta (sorry to any nice jacinta's out there), all the scangers wear them and make them look so cheap (opps they are cheap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

oh my god thank god other people feel the same , i absoloutely detest ponchos , they are so bad on so many levels ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I uttlerly hate them with a passion.. does nothin for the girl, like makes them look really wide, cos there's no curves left, just big round thing. Like, for example, where a girls waist goes in like in the hour glass figure, it's non existant with a poncho..

This also, springs to mind the hatered which I enstow for girls (Mainly Knackers) who ware those dungarees and let the front flop down, they have them in like pastel yellow.. YUCK..

But on the other hand there are like a selec few, who can pull them off..

Shrimp wrote:
    This also, springs to mind the hatered which I enstow for girls (Mainly Knackers) who ware those dungarees and let the front flop down, they have them in like pastel yellow.. YUCK..
    That used to be a rocker fashion until the damn skangers hijacked it... I shed a tear.

I hate it on anyone...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

victoria beckham is to blame for hijacking the dungarees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

this hi-jacking crap
    can't blame Vicki looked well on her, and you *always* know the difference between a skanger and a rocker wearing dungarees

be happy

i look cool in dungarees :D
    hate ponchos though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

But yeah, whatever is popular fashion at the time, probability will have me hating it.

You are such a sheep.

or lemming

Shut up.

Think of that everytime you're about to post....then don't.

In fact, to remind you put this in your sig
    uncle.sam.bg.image.gif

Yes it took 5 seconds but you're not worth anymore.

I couldn't put that in my sig it's too big.

And btw, when I am writing my sig, it wont be visable, even if I preview my message first.

Sooooo, wont have any affect on my posting, ability or lack there of, depends on whos opinion it is.

Knowing you you'll have posted in the thread several times already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

I like Ponchos. They look good imo.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote:
    You are such a sheep.
    I'm just going with recent trends.
    Ponchos = hate
    Trousers tucked into boots = hate
    Boots that look like diseased slippers = hate
    Trousers that end sharply above the ankle and are gathered inwards with elastic or whatever = hate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I dunno, depends on the poncho really. you can get kind-of-nice ones, my sister is going through a shawl phase atm. Dungarees can look cool, as long as they arent hanging down and rolled up, what's the point then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

I'm just going with recent trends.
    Ponchos = hate
    Trousers tucked into boots = hate
    Boots that look like diseased slippers = hate
    Trousers that end sharply above the ankle and are gathered inwards with elastic or whatever = hate

I have to agree! All of the above...I shudder at the mere thought of them. My school had a non-uniform day a little while ago and sooooo many girls were wearing jeans tucked into the Ugg boots. *I shudder* Everytime I hear the word Ugg, I think uggLY.

Oh my god ugg boots are the worst!!!suped up wellies are even better than them yokes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I have to agree, they are like slipper boots that old people wear in nursing homes. In time theyll become like ponchos hated a lot!. The snow boots ok, ugg boots ... God No

How The Fu$k did they get the name ugg? anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

I explained this one. uggLY :-D

• Advertisement

It's the name of the original designer, or something.

there rotten anyway! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I actually think Brittany Spears made them famous, I think she was one of the first celebs to wear them, some documentary about her last night on MTV.

Brittany you have no FU$King taste!

britneys a tool , nuff said :rolleyes:

Yes, a tool who is rich, famous, beautiful and has the ability to start a massive trend.

• Advertisement

i think shes ugly and an idiot in general :D

Advertisement