Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get an O2 sim card?

Options
  • 02-02-2005 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I was in town the other day tryiing to hunt one down. Henry st O2 branch said they have none, don't know when they'll have them or where i can get one.

tried carphone warehouse in Liffey Valley with no joy.

got my phone robbed and need my number back.

also off-topic, does anyone know how long it takes for a handset to be returned from repair? i think its nova-tel or someone who does repairs (for O2 anyway).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

AFAIK, there's a shortage of them. We haven't had speakeasy replacement sims since well before Xmas. But you might be able to come across some of them in a shop that hasn't run out of them yet, maybe a less busy one?
    You can ring up O2 customer care as the previous poster said and get it posted out, although that isn't the only way. It's more common for people to get them from dealers, much quicker too (if we actually had them that is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

since before christmas? what's the story there?! Are O2 purposely not providing new cards to customers?

looks like i'm gonna have to wait for ages so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

www.o2.ie

They were 9.99 with 30 credit. Dont know if thats still the case though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah but if you wanna get an old number back after you've lost it you get a blank sim card which o2 assign your number to and it's free the first time you get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Advertisement