Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ah mr embassador, you are reely spoiling us wiz zees tournies

Options
  • 02-02-2005 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Irish Poker Tour

Poker enthusiasts in Ireland and Europe take note, the official Irish Poker Tour is kick-starting in Galway City on Ireland's west coast next year! The picturesque city of Galway mixes the historical with the modern. A vibrant centre for tourism in the west, it promises something for everyone. Top class restaurants, shops, bars and clubs line its historically rich medieval streets.
    And now, for the first time, Galway (indeed the West of Ireland) will play host to professionally run high profile poker events. Grooveyard, the event management company (www.grooveyard.ie), have teamed up with Irish Poker Events (www.pokerevents.ie) to form a partnership to produce this series of tournaments nationwide. The events will be Poker Europa sanctioned with each tournament carrying European Ranking Points.
    The tournaments will provide players with the opportunity to win serious money, while enjoying thrilling action in comfortable surroundings. Monthly events will have an estimated prize pool of 45k with main events rising to 180k including tickets to European/World events such as the W.S.O.P.
    Launching in February 2005, 12 events have been planned, all NL Hold'em Freeze outs, with 250euro buy-ins for monthly and 1000euro for main events. The tournaments hope to attract beginners, enthusiasts and professionals alike. The first event is set to take place February '05 in the Radisson SAS Hotel, Galway and will be moving to similar venues in Cork and Dublin from June 2005.
    With a design company on board theming the venues for a Las Vegas atmosphere, an enjoyable night of entertainment and professionally organised poker playing is expected. In addition to the potential for winning big, players can expect full bar services, food, croupiers and hostesses at every table and celebrities in attendance on the night.
    Due to the professional aspect of the tournaments, the interest from poker enthusiasts has so far been overwhelming and the events will be the subject of a series of documentaries by Still Water Production Company, to be broadcast in Ireland and the UK. Weekly live satellite games will commence in Galway during December, Cork in April and Dublin in August. Galway is easily accessible by road or air, with direct flights from Dublin and the UK operating from Galway Airport, just 5 miles from the city centre. Package deals from Dublin, Cork, Belfast and the UK are available from Travel Direct Ireland Ltd.(www.traveldirectireland.com) and will include transport, accommodation and entry fees to the events.
    For more information and to register with Poker Events visit www.pokerevents.ie or phone Fintan Gavin 00 353 86 6020043.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boards.ie will be receiving its 1% cut then for providing you a platform on which to advertise then I take it! :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TimFoil

i take my cut from no man....i just paste it as i see it. apologies if it appeared that i was in it for the dough or worse still publicity. i retract the information immeadiatly. please attempt to wipe it from your memory.

Advertisement