Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STALKER delayed again

Options
  • 02-02-2005 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Bah

delayed unknown date :(
    http://www.thq.de/html_repository/news_gamer.php
    ^ in german but still delayed.

/me stares at a boring start to year with feck all FPS games coming out bar BIA.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Awwwww crap :(

CC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

It looks like its gonna suck anyway, looks like a horrable mix of Dues Ex, and vehicles. Not to mention Doom2 has better first person wepon models, damn they look awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Pugsley wrote:
    It looks like its gonna suck anyway, looks like a horrable mix of Dues Ex, and vehicles. Not to mention Doom2 has better first person wepon models, damn they look awful.

nah dude, stalker is gonna rock, its a full non scripted game! everything happens in its world of its own accord. shame its dalayed again tho, when was it first announced for, Sept 04?

somebody will probably steal part of the source code next :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I hope they take as long as they need to get it right rather than taking "ah, itll do" attitude. Scary to think that this will be one of the first (only?) FP game to take the sandbox theory since System Shock 2 and run with it: Deus Ex maybe but that was still on a level based game.

Doom 3 never interested me in the slightest, and HL2 was actually better than I expected, but this is the one Im waiting for. I just hope its not dissapointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

it really looks rubbish,
    it looked good when it was first announced but now looking at the screenshots
    and video clips i have to say it looks ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

cheers CC, convert the unbelievers!

this game will surpass all fp single player games in graphics, physics, and gameplay... and will be king until oblivion or unreal 3 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

CombatCow wrote:
    Ok first screen, the grass looks pizelly as fook, and it being a PR pic, it cant be the res's fault, therefore, the grass looks pants. Not to mention the horrable reflections in the window, they look poo.

2nd: wow, a building im impressed, HL2 buildings look at least as good, more often than not better

3rd pic: look at that pose, looks gimpy, not to mention the pistol looks like it was photo shopped in later. (however this is the best of the 4 pics)

4th pic: The chopper looks no better than the one in Desert Combat for battlefield, the fire from the back of it looks pretty much the same too, and there we have one of the pathetic in game first person weapons, I simply cant get over how bad the first person weapon models are.

Im still waiting to be impressed. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Hope the delays are worth it, ive just been looking at some clips, heres one that caught my attention
    Right click
    The lights and shadowing look impressive to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Looks alot like Flashpoint smile.gif

Which is a good thing.

To the nay-sayers: fscking plebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Flashpoint with Bloodsuckers and cherynobl dogs!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

who cares about graphics...

SANDBOX!!

FREEDOM!!!

FUN!!!

these are why i want it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah the first thing that came to me when I saw it was Flashpoint. I think its the digital camera textures for the weapons, skins,etc. Gives that horrible strecthed effect and everything is too sharp.

Looks like a good game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

CombatCow wrote:

As Doom3 proved ... looks do not a great game make.....

And i've yet to be convinced of how good Stalker will be in implementing its 'Sandbox'. Further, if the AI isn't up to scratch, the sandbox wont really matter .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Flashpoint looked ropey when it first came out, but it ****ing rocked.

Im afraid that Stalker will end up joining the infamous DNF in development hell! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Flashpoint looked ropey when it first came out, but it ****ing rocked.

Im afraid that Stalker will end up joining the infamous DNF in development hell! :eek:

But will never be as bad since DNF will always have 8 years of development hell ahead of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Pugsley wrote:
    Ok first screen, the grass looks pizelly as fook, and it being a PR pic, it cant be the res's fault, therefore, the grass looks pants. Not to mention the horrable reflections in the window, they look poo.

2nd: wow, a building im impressed, HL2 buildings look at least as good, more often than not better

3rd pic: look at that pose, looks gimpy, not to mention the pistol looks like it was photo shopped in later. (however this is the best of the 4 pics)

4th pic: The chopper looks no better than the one in Desert Combat for battlefield, the fire from the back of it looks pretty much the same too, and there we have one of the pathetic in game first person weapons, I simply cant get over how bad the first person weapon models are.

Im still waiting to be impressed. :rolleyes:

Christ sake, wtf is wrong with your eyes/memory?

Matt

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

CombatCow wrote:
    yer it "looks" like $hit alright... :rolleyes:

Oh, come on, Real-life TM looks far better then that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    who cares about graphics...

SANDBOX!!

FREEDOM!!!

FUN!!!

these are why i want it!
    ah.. the freedom of it all...
    whatever about physics\graphics\whatnot if it delievers on its promise of freedom then I'll very quickly part with monies for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I really liked that trailer they had where the player sneaks up on the 3 rival stalkers talking around a campfire - they notice something and one goes off to check while the other two continue on chatting.

As soon as the first searcher gets sniped the other two jump up, and the impressive part is they dont automatically home in on the player straight away but start "recon by fire" blazing away in the direction of the shot because the AI cant *know* where the player is. No lazy shortcuts in AI there I think.

That the sort of thing that makes me think this game is going to be special. Theres indications that attention to detail has been paid to the AI and the game first and foremost. If it only looks acceptable or adequate compared to a technical demo like Doom 3 - well, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It looks great. Those screenshots look slightly photo realistic. Ive been waitinf for this game for yeeeears.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*fap*

Advertisement