Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Former Liverpool Goalkeeper, Ray Clemence

• 02-02-2005 7:09pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

While browsing on another forum I came accross this link which unfortunately for me was the official Liverpool site. However there is some sad new in relation to Ray Clemence. He is battling prostate cancer.

I for one hopes everything goes ok for him with his operation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

what a strange post

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

bazH wrote:
    what a strange post

Why is it "strange"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

bazH whats strange about posting about one of the great goalies?

I heard a little earlier he was ill but the outlook seems pretty decent
    some cancers are much more treatable than others.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/england/4230053.stm

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

he was a great player in his day and while it is n't nice what he is going through i think threads like this belong in the newspapers

people hoping the person suffering gets better when they probably never knew/met/seen the person in question is i feel a bit sad

i know real people as i am sure everyone here knows real people who suffer from all sorts of things but we don't go posting them here maybe there should be a get well forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Clemence was a great keeper best wishes to him with his health problems.
    bazH wrote:
    what a strange post

what a stupid post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

d22ontour wrote:
    he was a great player in his day and while it is n't nice what he is going through i think threads like this belong in the newspapers

people hoping the person suffering gets better when they probably never knew/met/seen the person in question is i feel a bit sad

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thats great lads, heres what you do.

Don't read the post
    Don't post after the post
    Don't bother returning to the thread
    Don't bother reading the thread after that.

You can show how you think its in the papers best by not doign anything, that way we don't have to listen to you, you don't have to listen to us, everybodys happy.

---

Hope he pulls through, was amazing in his day

If you think it doens't make a difference, you're probably supporting the wrong game.

Advertisement