Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera for documents

Options
  • 02-02-2005 8:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

OK well i need a digital camera to photograph historical documents.

Quality then is paramount as then these photos will be printed out again, so it has to be clear

The price isnt really an issue so long its sub 1000 euro.

Im thinking along the lines of the nikon D70 which looks to be a monster of a camera but am I buying too much and i think its only a 6 mega pixel camera while there are cheaper 8 mega pixel camera out there!

Also looked at the sony p150, the cannon g6 and the fuji s7000

Well the D 70 is the most expensive but i can get a widescreen lens for that which would be perfect for what i want to do. The fuji s7000 also looked good while the sony p150 had 7.2 mega pixels and was cheaper of the net then any of the rest.

So what do ye think?? as im no expert

By the way is there anybody out there thats sells digital camera besides amazon.co.uk and deliever to ireland

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've used my mates d70 and it's great but do not let people make you think that the higher the megapixel is the better the shot, it's just not true.

higher the megapixel just means bigger size really,

i think if possible it would be better to scan the documents but of course depends on their condition.

Advertisement