Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if you have braces?Can you still get your toung pierced?

Options
  • 02-02-2005 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I really want to get my toung pierced, but im getting braces,
    so can i have braces and my toung pierced?
    And wat is the age limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

yea i want mine done too but i have braces i hear you cant but fúck it ill get mine done if i get a chance prolly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sasper

i really want it done, but my rents wont let me, so ill have to do it in secret, like i did with my bellybutton

yeah i prolly will to

how old do ya have to be to get it done?

no idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

its 16 for your bellybutton

dude, im 14, i got it done in the gsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

You're all so cool, getting stuff done without your parents knowing :rolleyes:
    The age limit is eighteen in any good piercing studio, and if they don't ID you properly you'd want to doubt their professionalism tbh. And as for the braces things, I have no idea :)
    Sasper wrote:

Whatever about a bellybutton piercing, I wouldn't get a tongue piercing done there :eek: if the tongue ****s up badly you can be left with so many problems, with the bellybutton at worst a scar (in most cases anyway), and from what I know/have seen in that place it's not exactly the most reputable place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Sasper wrote:
    i really want it done, but my rents wont let me, so ill have to do it in secret, like i did with my bellybutton

HARDKORE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm going to guess that having your tongue pierced just makes it easier to break your braces. And then the orthodontist is likely to kill you the next time they see your mouth.

• Advertisement

meh she tries to do that anyway no loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Your braces are there for a reason, if the piercing will damage them you're totally defeating the purpose, wasting money, and probably increasing the length you'll need to wear them for. Which is, tbh, pretty damn stupid, considering if you wait a year or two you won't have to hide it, won't have to lie about your age, and won't have to deal with school authorities, if they're that strict.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

well considering the damage tongue piercing do to teeth alone (I should know,my teeth are fùcked) i'd hate to think what it would do to the braces your parents just forked out over 3 grand for. I undertsnad the want to get your tongue pierced but when its going to wreck a set of braces that you only need to have on for a certain time why not wait until they are off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Sasper wrote:

you're a ****ing moron.

i reckon you should be banned from the board just for being stupid enough to get piercings there. and the face that you're considering getting your tongue done there is even worse.

im serious etho_ btw... i know its harsh but discussing unsafe piercing 'stalls' and possibly recommending them to other underage poster is just not on imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

They know each other anyway. To be honest, I think it's eighteen pretty much anywhere for a tongue piercing but if you're getting it either way, and I don't reccommend it if it'll damage the braces, at least go to Miss Fantasias or somewhere, anywhere but the Arcade. :rolleyes:

yeah im pretty damn sure it wrecks the braces and anyway it might be hard cause your mouth is trying to adjust to having extra in it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

With this type of rubbish up here there is a case for logins to the piercings board. Surely people ask for advice and are told it is unsafe and still want to do it, as they are underage they should be banned like Seraphina says. It's pathetic to come on here and see this stuff on an inreasingly regular basis.

m serious etho_ btw... i know its harsh but discussing unsafe piercing 'stalls' and possibly recommending them to other underage poster is just not on imo.
    If you have actually read the board you would find that most people here look down on places like Georges street arcade and I for one have constantly reminded the young 'uns here that its a sham of a piercing parlour.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=203547

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

GaRtH_V wrote:
    If you have actually read the board you would find that most people here look down on places like Georges street arcade and I for one have constantly reminded the young 'uns here that its a sham of a piercing parlour.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=203547

yeah i'm very aware of that GaRtH_V, I read the board alot as a matter of fact, and my point was that despite the constant warnings and reminders they still aren't listening and she went and got her piercing done in the Georges Arcade anyway. then went on to brag about it like it was cool cause she disobeyed her parents and just went somewhere unsafe so they wouldn't check her for ID. She could be giving any other underage and equally immature people that are reading this board bad ideas.

Well then thats their choice. They either listen to the majority of people on this board who have gotten a good few piercings and actually know what they are talking about or listen to some 14 year old who thinks its cool to go to some sh*tty little stall to get gunned by a little old lady

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Kinda off topic, but
    Is it true that is you kiss someone else with braces, they can get caught on each other and you have to go to hospital to get them seperated? Just something I heard when I was younger. Believed it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Sarah, listen to me and Andie and everyone else on this forum.

1) DON'T get it done in gsa, I know your belly was fine and nothing went wrong but a tongue is just to risky.
    2) Don't get it done without your parents knowing, they WILL find out especially if:
    3) You get braces before hand, the orthodontist will say something about it in front of your parents.
    4) It will be incredibly obvious when you cant eat for the next few days that something's up and you will be found out.

So basically, you'd better leave it till you're eighteen/ they allow you.

My mum's making me wait till I'm eighteen to get various pieces of metal attached to my face and I'd NEVER get anything done without her consent, you have to obey the Mammy :)

i never, nevr, NEVER said i was gettin it done in the gsa.
    i wouldnt, i aint that thick,
    she'll never let me,
    im NOT waitin till im 18,
    and as soon as i get all my braces off, im gettin it done, and that'll be around 4th or 5th year.
    im not think enough to go get it done while during the time i first get it done i am at home, hence me saying, many an occasion that i will be away for the duration of the healing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

By fourth or fifth year you'll (probably) look eighteen and be able to get it done....but you never know you might change your mind. As long as you are responsible and mature enough to look after it properly and you know you might regret it later yeah get it done but you wont be going away for very long after you get it pierced and with tongue piercings they dont fully heal after three weeks, they just hurt less and need less attention but you'd need to keep it in for much longer than that so just hope your parents change their minds by the time 4th/5th year rolls round.

Afterthought: You could get it done in 4th year while we're in Amsterdam.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It's probably a bad idea, as outlined above - the intelligent thing would be to discuss it with your orthodontist.

Well, the intelligent thing would probably not to even think about getting it all, but jesus if braces and pierced tongue doesn't sound a bit hot :eek:

/me wanders off muttering about pigtails and school uniforms...

Hence me then sayin, as soon as my braces are off, im getting it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Errrm i have braces and i got my tongue pierced last fri and went in monday gone to get my bottom tracks on and the ortho didnt say anything to me except your tongue is very swollen (obviously enough) She didnt give out or say you shouldnt have so i dont know what your ortho will say though.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

ye i got mine done when i was 15 with traintracks on both upper and lower teeth.

only thing was my ortho slagged me a fair bit(not enough metal in there already??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

Blisterman wrote:
    Kinda off topic, but
    Is it true that is you kiss someone else with braces, they can get caught on each other and you have to go to hospital to get them seperated? Just something I heard when I was younger. Believed it at the time.

very very unlikely but if at the time both braces were brocken or loose then yes hey could snag but you can get out of it easily enough....

• Advertisement
Advertisement