Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wages

• 02-02-2005 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

i worked with a company for 9 weeks. on my last week they over paid me for ane extra week, but then they took it back off me. can they do this, they pay my wages into my bank account.
    also i was on emergency tax all that time. i gave them my p 45 from my prevoius job. how can i claim this money back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

as far as i know they can take it back. Friend of mine got over paid a couple grand last summer and he now has to pay them back.

as regards emergency tax. ring the tax office and ask for a p40(??) i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Of course they can take it back, it was an error, it is their money, its not like a wrongly priced item in a shop. sheesh! You should have notified them, TBH.

Anywho ring the tax office, have your PPS no and employer no, ask them to issue a certificate of Tax free allowances to your new employer, bada bing, bada boom your TAX probs will be solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yep, the liability os actually on you to tell them they have over paid you.
    if they find out, they can take it back.

id let it go man, just let it go...

Advertisement