Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about stomach tattoos and pregnancy.

Options
  • 02-02-2005 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭

So, I'm a woman, and I'd love to get tattooed on my stomach, especially on the bits that are kind of below and to the side of your bellybutton.. the top of the hips, I guess. Thing is, I'm not 100% sure that I'll never, ever want kids. So does anyone know what the story is with tattoos on your stomach during pregnancy? Do they get messed up completely by the skin stretching or what? I'd imagine that it varies from person to person, but I'd appreciate some input on what level of distortion one can expect. Ta muchly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Bmezine wrote:
    The effects of pregnancy on tattoos and piercings

Some women's mods are totally unaffected by pregnancy, but others experience more destructive effects. As far as piercing, some women remove their nipple piercings, but there's usually no need to. Navel piercings are generally the only piercings affected. Most people just find it "pushes" out a little, and that they may have to remove it temporarily for the last couple months. A small percentage have their navel piercing reject.

Tattoos on the belly that stretch out will return to their original shape afterwards, but depending on your skin they may "blur" a little. If you get a lot of stretch marks from the pregnancy, those will damage the tattoo, but the good news is that you can always touch the tattoo up again afterwards which will both fix the damage, and hide the stretch marks — they are totally safe to tattoo over assuming they're healed.

The most definitive websites view on it :) full article here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Should've thought to look on BME myself! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

and we learn something new every day!
    i wasn't gonna get my other nipple pierced cause i thought it would make breast feeding impossible, but it wont \o/
    yay for bme :)
    /me runs off to get her other nipple pierced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Yeah, it was the same for me Sera up until I saw that. I was so annoyed at myself that I'd only be able to breastfeed from one breast, then I saw that :)

Advertisement