Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Server thinks it has old IP Address

• 03-02-2005 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I have a Windows 2003 Terminal Server that I am trying to get Load-Balancing working with. It has two Nic's, one for the LAN and one for the Load Balancing.

The LAN Nic has an IP addy of 10.x.x.209
    The LB Nic has an IP addy of 10.x.x.207, plus the IP Addy of the Cluster I setup, which is 10.x.x.210.

Our ISP NAT'd a public IP to .209, I thought if I change the IP Addy of the cluster to .209, and the IP addy on the LAN card to .210, then the Load Balancing would work.

It gave me IP address conflicts when I made the change, I changed it back, the LAN Nic is not sending/receiving any data on the LAN and when I Ping the Server by name, it pings the .210 address.

I have disabled and re-enabled the LB Nic

The LAN Nic on the Server is still not sending/receiving any packets, and when I click 'Repair' under properties, I get the following error message:

'The following steps of the repair operation failed: Flushing the ARP cache'

I have manually changed any registry keys that had the .210 address

When I typed arp -a , it returned the IP Address of the Domain controller & the IP Address of it's Gateway. This is despite me typing arp -d & arp -d *

I entered the the IP Address of the Load Balancing card into Static Mappings in WINS, but it has'nt made any difference

I get the following error in the Event Log:

DNSAPI - 11164
    ----

The system failed to register host (A) resource records (RRs) for network adapter
    with settings:

Adapter Name : {94DAF77F-84F8-44B7-B44D-FEA288DE882B}
    Host Name : Servername
    Primary Domain Suffix : Domain Name
    DNS server list :
    10.x.x.9
    Sent update to server : 159.134.237.61
    IP Address(es) :
    10.x.x.208

The reason the system could not register these RRs was because either (a) the DNS server does not support the DNS dynamic update protocol, or (b) the authoritative zone for the specified DNS domain name does not accept dynamic updates.

To register the DNS host (A) resource records using the specific DNS domain name and IP addresses for this adapter, contact your DNS server or network systems administrator.

Any ideas how I can get the LAN nic to back thinking it has the .209 address?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭niallo32

Bump

Anyone??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I have not used it , but have a look at the NETSH command
    this will allow you to change the IP address at the command prompt and many other things

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257748
    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/20278/20278.html

try ipconfig /dnsflush while at it

Out of curiousity what did you set to tell it to load balance, because in previous versions of windows server it had to be done with reg hacks or resource kit tools , it just didn't happen automatically when you put a second card in.

Advertisement