Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Screensaver Help

• 03-02-2005 10:50am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys , I have a screensaver( Aquarium) ans I'd like to copy it to a dvd to play on plasma screen , Anyone know if this is possible ???

Thanks .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

That sounds tricky, as far as I know the Aquarium screensaver is all rendered in real-time through 3d processing etc.
    So it's not like you can just grab an existing AVI and burn it to a DVD.
    What you want to do here is record the rendered output of the screensaver to a video source... the tricky part is how.

You could try some sort of live screen capture application like FRAPS... although I'm not sure if you'll get this running and capturing while the screensaver is running, I've never tried it.
    Another avenue of attack is to record the screensavers output from something like your graphics cards TV-out connection... maybe connect it to a VCR or a Video camera then capture that footage back onto the PC and burn it to DVD from there.
    Again I'm not sure if this'll work since I don't know if that screensaver will actually output to a secondary display... but setting the TV as your primary display while you capture it might work.

So yeah I think it's possible, but you might have to come up with some cunning plan ;)
    Also be carefull about the licensing of the screensaver, which may prohibit public performances or duplicating its output or whatever... I wouldn't go selling these DVD's lets just put it that way :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Wont be selling it . I just wanta 44" aquarium in the front room ....

Advertisement