Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old model Nokia advice please..... anyone?!?!

Options
  • 03-02-2005 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've been offered a Nokia 7650 recently (yeah I know their a bit of a brick :rolleyes: ) but I could do with something a bit decent and I'm on a budget...

But I was just curious...

Has anyone here used one to its full extent? and are they actually any good?

I'm talking about the voice recorder, bluetooth transfer rate, camera pic. quality, built-in loudspeaker/microphone.... and so on.

And of course, does the size or weight of it really annoy ppl that much? (long term I'm talking now....)

Any comments much appreciated.... Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I have the newer version 3650.
    To be honest it's been sittin on the shelf litireally for the last year
    I have a 6230 which does all and more now.
    I would say no, go for a cheap sagem which are streets ahead of the 7650

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Really? 3650? (don't suppose you'd be selling it at all? just curious, I may not be able to afford it like :confused: )

hmmm, cheap Sagem? they good then?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

sell 3650.
    possible with reasonable offer

Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

sagems are good but you'll probably have to pay 15/20e to unlock it, were you could get the nokia unlocked for free, a mate of mine is selling his 3650 if your interested it's in the box etc, he's a boards member aswell. pm me if your interested

Right folks,

Ummm, was just gonna ask what a fair price would be to pay for that 7650 would ya's think?

Its in perfect nick and all...

I really wouldn't know what to offer for the 3650 actually... but I've only close to €100 (this side of payday) to spend on a phone.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Had a nokia 7650 and to be honest i thought the were brilliant.Its symbian running with bluetooth and infared.

To think about it the 7650 came out will Vodafone introduced vodafone live also the sharp gx10 and panasonic gd87 were launched at the same time.But the 7650 is far better in features wise.

The camera is pretty good for one of the first camera phones to be introduced.Proberly better than some camera phone that are recent.

Also since its a smart phone you can download various applications like a remote control for your tv and a video camera that last maybe 10min?(depending on your memory)

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

I used a 7650 a fair bit before getting a Series 60 phone myself and would agree with Barrie - it's a very good phone. The only limitations you need to be aware of is that phone has 4MB of space for photos, applications, etc and there is no way to expand this.

There is a free video recorder you can install, from Nokia, but it will only record 10 seconds. Also, you may find a lot of web sites with themes for Series 60 phones but the 7650 doesn't support this.

About the 3650. It's basically a 7650 with a) expandable memory and b) an odd circular keypad. The 3660 is the same as the 3650, almost, except it has a regular keypad.

To see what kinda of apps are available for a Series 60 phone, check out www.handango.com.

- Neil

Cheers for all the feedback folks...

I got the phone over the weekend and must say so far I'm very happy with it!

Now, I just want to ask...

Where could I find a Video Recorder application for it? and also is there a way of downloading it via WAP? as I don't have access to a bluetooth / Infrared PC (at the moment) and I'd like to get it into the phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Iv only came accross a few wap sites with symbian downloads.ill look around for a few

Advertisement