Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Highbury Tunnel Incident

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

yop wrote:
    Hilarious post, with a post like that I presume you are one of the kids in the school yard???

Lads at the end of the day Keane is king, in the tunnel he virtually ripped vieras head off and spewed down it. It reduced viera to cowardly diving and disappearing off the field. Keane has over the last number of weeks shown that he is far from finished and has taught to heirs to his throne, mr viera and gerrard a lesson in football. Everyone bar the ABU's can see that Keane is still at the top of his game.
    The incident in the tunnel rattled viera and the arsenal team and back fired on viera, instead of frighten Neville, it gave United even more reason to go out and teach Arsenal a lesson. 90 minutes later they did.

Tipp_Gunner - In fairness going back to Japan is a bit weak, but after last Tuesdays shambles that may all you have to grip to. ;)

rattled them so much they only scored one goal in the first 10minutes :rolleyes:

and of course we all know who scored that goal!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Gangsta wrote:
    then why didnt Neville try and kick one of the older players? tell me.
    Because reyes was the only one to carry his ID!!! :D
    On what side of the pitch was reyes playing??
    Did reyes kick out at GN?? I think you will find he did, take off the sun shades
    Gangsta wrote:
    Arsenal weren't shaken at all, two goals in 5mins took the stuffing out of them, not the tunnel incident thats for sure. Had no effect on the game tbh.
    arsenal didn't know what to do with themselves god bless them when United started to play football, stuck their heads in the sand like they usually do.

At the end of the day United came away with the points, an emphatic 2-4 win with only 10 men, took arsenals 32 match unbeaten run with them, result enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Gangsta wrote:
    The Age gap between JR and GN is much bigger than GN and PV. GN is oolder than PV. Neville only had a go because he is a bully and a coward like the ones you see in primary school picking on the little kids.
    Lol, yeah that's right.That's why big bad Patrick couldn't even look him in the eye at the pre match handshake. A bully. Hilarious. He dishes out rough treatment, but he accepts it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Gangsta wrote:
    then why didnt Neville try and kick one of the older players? tell me.

"with a post like that I presume you are one of the kids in the school yard???"
    not too good with presumtions are you?

Arsenal weren't shaken at all, two goals in 5mins took the stuffing out of them, not the tunnel incident thats for sure. Had no effect on the game tbh.
    How do you know it had no effect on the game? Only teh players can say for sure.

As for why didn't he kick someone else...I'd take a wild guess, that perhaps it was due to the fact he was marking Reyes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

this is just hilarious.

Vieria was protecting Reyes cause Neville was tackling him hard in the previous Arsenal United game.
    Thus its alright what he did?

Van Nist was protecting Ronaldo when he tackled cole in the game last time, and imo rightly so,
    however is it alright what he did?

Its a simple tacitc really.
    Young player is faster and quicker than you, you foul him, he falls over, they get a free.
    Neville did it just as much as Cole did it.

You people are silly

PHB wrote:
    Van Nist was protecting Ronaldo when he tackled cole in the game last time, and imo rightly so,
    however is it alright what he did?

oh did viera rack his boots all down nevilles leg in the tunnel incdient?!

didnt know that.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Hard luck on losing 4-2 anyway Chucky, theres always next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Andy Gray on Sky Sports is talking about Keano. He just said "Keane was immense both on and off the pitch on Tuesday"

LEGEND.

Draupnir wrote:
    Hard luck on losing 4-2 anyway Chucky, theres always next season.

actually lost 1-0. *edited for offense*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

actually lost 1-0. Thats because we have a special olympian in goal.
    I assume I am not the only one to find this post outrageous and insulting. You should be banned from board permanently for comments like that. How close have you come to particpating in the olympics at any level? I would be banned for what I really want to say.

• Advertisement

kida wrote:
    I assume I am not the only one to find this post outrageous and insulting. You should be banned from board permanently for comments like that. How close have you come to particpating in the olympics at any level? I would be banned for what I really want to say.

it was a joke, bad taste no doubt, sorry you were offended b it. i'll take the ban for it if thats whats decided.(hopefulyl it wont come to that though)

never came close to representing the olmpics at any level, nor will i ever. Cant see the revelance of asking that one though.

it was a joke, bad taste no doubt, sorry you were offended b it. i'll take the ban for it if thats whats decided.(hopefulyl it wont come to that though)

never came close to representing the olmpics at any level, nor will i ever. Cant see the revelance of asking that one though.

I hate sticking up for a pool supporter but I wasn't offended by your post, maybe your comment was in bad taste but that's nothing new here. Considering your prompt apology and quick removal of the remark a ban would be extreamly harsh IMHO but the mods will make that decision.

Free the Liverpool One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

It wasn't just bad taste - it was sick and disgusting. Do you know anyone that particpated in the Special Olympics and what an achievement it was for them to do so? I doubt it with comments like that.

kida wrote:
    It wasn't just bad taste - it was sick and disgusting. Do you know anyone that particpated in the Special Olympics and what an achievement it was for them to do so? I doubt it with comments like that.

As a matter of fact Kida I know plenty of people who participated in the special Olympics personally and I am in contact with people with learning disabilities on a daily basis. Personally I saw very little wrong with chuckys comments .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Jesus, times have changed on these boards, its not too long ago nobody woud bat an eye lid about the arguing on the internet joke.
    This is cute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I see the offending post was edited out. Chucky I am now watching you !

Thread closed cause its been rambling on to nowhere for the last few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement