Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody fancy a boards online tournie ?

Options
  • 03-02-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

After playing in the blogger tournie on pokerstars last night I wondered if you's all would like a boards.ie exclusive tournie. I have enough FPP points on pokerstars that I should be able to set one up. Anybody interested reply to this post. I was thinking a $20+$2 ? Should fit most peoples pockets. If a success we could make it a monthly or Bi-monthly event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Id be up for it, just need to find a time to suite everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Yeah i'll play too - should be fun. Just have to go register on pokerstars.com now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

count me in

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

and me.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

Me Too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

is it possible to do something similar on VC or Laddys anyone know?

karlh wrote:
    is it possible to do something similar on VC or Laddys anyone know?

AFAIK not on VC, don't know about Ladbrokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I'd probs be up for it too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Well sometimes its just as simple as everyone joining a public table at once. Tricky but can be done

Hyzepher

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote:
    Well sometimes its just as simple as everyone joining a public table at once. Tricky but can be done

Hyzepher

*lol* i've tried that before with 1v1 games, there's always some bugger who gets in there first!

If we were all to enter one of the higher buy-in STTs like the 50-5 at a certain time though we might get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

kencleary wrote:
    Yeah i'll play too - should be fun. Just have to go register on pokerstars.com now!
    Same as above. Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

kencleary wrote:
    If we were all to enter one of the higher buy-in STTs like the 50-5 at a certain time though we might get away with it

would be well up for that and sure we could work it. anyone fancy similar on VC? i know dapper, krusty, lafortezza and jp are on vc, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Aye, me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'm on VC, Party, Ladbrokes and GamingClub. I think Party lets you create private tables but they may be cash games, i've never really investigated it.

I'd say VC would be the handiest if it was possible.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bizarrely I have just come from a meeting with Paddy Powers about doing something like that. If you want I'm sure they would accomodate us, I could ask. I was thinking more about the upcoming Heads Up tournament I'm trying to pull together (while quitting my job and trying to keep Boards online). It would be nice to make the heads up game an all Ireland affair with the finalists coming to Dublin for the real-world finale!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anywhere put pokerstars plz. I hate the look of it so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i'm up for this!
    although i'm 'locked out' of every online poker system except victor chandler due to having more than one credit card registered! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Count Me in as well. Good one Shortstack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

sounds good to me assuming time and dates are agreeable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

me too! (pending times, dates etc)

it should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

yeah, i would love a game on pokerstars.
    After hours weekday evenings suit for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Right then I will get on with setting it up. I will put up a poll when I have everything in place as regards times etc.

Anyone without a pokerstars account let me know and I can sort you out a bonus.

I have some Pokerstars goodies for the bubble and will also sort out a bounty on my head as well, just for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Sounds good to me, what buy in are we talking?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Count me in if the time suits,also I am not signed up with them so can you sort out a bonus for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

Shortstack wrote:
    Anyone without a pokerstars account let me know and I can sort you out a bonus.

i don't have an account so that would be great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'd have a gamble on this if there was something similar on VC

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Count me in also - and Karl I also play on VC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

I know most people play on VC but only pokerstars do private tournies as far as I am aware. It also gives the best structures for tournies too. All private tournies are 1500 chips and 15 min blinds. 10/20 15/30 25/50 50/100 75/150 100/200 then 100/200 with 25 ante 150/300/25 200/400/50. Very user friendly and you can create you own avatar/pic !

as far as but ins go I can run another poll but $20 sounds about right to me.

thanks for all the positive comments so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

That sounds like fun, 20 bucks not too excessive. Don't have a PS account, but could set one up *ahem*bonus*cough*

Advertisement