Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody fancy a boards online tournie ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Shortstack wrote:
    Anyone without a pokerstars account let me know and I can sort you out a bonus.

I'm definitely up for it, but no pokerstars account so I'd appreciate the bonus :) I'm sure you'll do well of it too! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Mmm, would it be an idea for the first person who shortstack refers then refers the next no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Very interested too, no PS account neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm interested but don't have a PS account at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

A sixth sense tells me that this is likely to get messy re: signing up for Pokerstars. Already a few people have contacted me about getting a sign up bonus for Pokerstars.

Firstly, the idea for this tournament was because I enjoyed a similar one for the blogger community, I thought you all may enjoy having one too. I had not expected so many people to have yet signed up for Pokerstars.

I do not know any other sites that offer this service. And if they do, I doubt it is as easy as Pokerstars have made it.

As far as I am aware they do not offer any general sign up bonuses. They rely on the business quaility in all aspects to get them custom. From time to time they do offer a reload bonus for existing cutomers. Also as far as I am aware they do not have a refer a friend system.

Organising this tournament will not really take me much effort and it is not something I want to profit from other than by winning it !

In order for no-one to profit from all these extra sign ups ( apart from Pokerstars of course ) simply go directly to the site by typing www.pokerstars.com into your browser.

The other option which I have sent to those who have requested is to recieve half of the referral fee when you have quailified if you sign up through my referral link which I will give to anyone who asks. However due to the numbers of non account holders this still makes me $35 per sign up which would add up to quite a lot. So what I suggest is that I will add this money to the prize pool of a future tournament. As the site that the link is on is not publicly advertised I would imagine the only sign ups will be from here so it should be easy for me to calculate !
    As the fees are not paid out until people quailify for them I will not be able to add it to the first event.

I hope this satisfactory. Any other suggestions welcome.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Shortstack wrote:

In order for no-one to profit from all these extra sign ups ( apart from Pokerstars of course ) simply go directly to the site by typing www.pokerstars.com into your browser.

However due to the numbers of non account holders this still makes me $35 per sign up which would add up to quite a lot. So what I suggest is that I will add this money to the prize pool of a future tournament.

Mike

Mike you're a gent! Very impressive show of good faith & honesty rarely seen these days. I've signed up to PokerStars via your site and am happy for you to get the signup bonus. Username as always is kencleary if anyone else is looking for a game there. I hate the interface of the site though! I still think VC is top in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

I found the interface awkward at first but it grows on you. I have found that it improved my game. At first I missed the max bet button and the multiple button from VC, but having to make the size of bet yourself makes you think a bit more.
    The stats and hand historys are better too. If you like the VC speed sit and go's you should try the Turbo's on stars, the extra 2 mins on blind levels is just about right for quick games. Look out for the $10 rebuy tournies, they mostly end up with a $20k plus prizepool. Also the Turbo sub satellites for the EPT events should be familiar to VC Speed tournie enthusiasts, then once you get to the main quailifer it is the opposite with 2500 chips and a 30 min clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Have to agree whole hartedly mith kencleary, super stuff shortstack. I know first hand how annoying and thankless organising anything like this is. If/When I sign up to PS I wouldn't begrudge you the signup bonus at all. Getting a bit tird of UB and VC anyway, might be good to try something different. Keep us posted about the tourney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I'll tell you what, you can hang on to my Referral $35 for being so honest and helpful.

I still have to get dates so i may not be able to take part in the first tourny anyway.

Cheers,

Samba

Oh, it's a no go on PP so count that option out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Jasus.
    I presume this means that there will now be about 10 times the number of Irish people on Pokerstars that used to be there?
    I've been playing there for a year and have only come up against 4 people from Ireland in that time, 1 from NI, 1 from Mullingar! and 2 from Dublin.
    Always wanted to talk in Irish to see the reaction from the other players!

As so many of you have mentioned VC must have a look there
    (any reason for so many Irish players?)
    Thought PStars was the one of the best (graphics, different games, number of players which meant a very short wait for games) but you do come up against some very good players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Shortstack wrote:

The other option which I have sent to those who have requested is to recieve half of the referral fee when you have quailified if you sign up through my referral link which I will give to anyone who asks. However due to the numbers of non account holders this still makes me $35 per sign up which would add up to quite a lot. So what I suggest is that I will add this money to the prize pool of a future tournament. As the site that the link is on is not publicly advertised I would imagine the only sign ups will be from here so it should be easy for me to calculate !
    As the fees are not paid out until people quailify for them I will not be able to add it to the first event.

Mike

Hey Mike, I intend signing up later today for the online tournie tonight... are you still giving out this link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Work permitting I should be playing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

I'd be up for one on PaddyPower

Advertisement