Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

uci -coolock arggggg!!

• 03-02-2005 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

go i am so annoyed with them..
    went to the cinema last night to watch ray..we left the house on time but by the tim we got there there was a q to get in the car park (about ten mins) then the q to the ticket booth was about 15 mins so half way throught i left the my boyfriend to q and went to get the treats (the only reason i go to coolock and not my local santry is purly for buttered popcorn..my treat!!)
    and honest i think monkeys were serving us the guy took 2mins to serve 1 person a coke and popcorn..that doesnt sound like alot but put 10 people in front of you..at the moment they are offering free drink refills on a large combo deal so i thought grand il get that..very handy.. so got in to the picture about fifteen to twenty mins aprox after it had started half way thought the film the drink runs out .so i pop out of the film and ask for my refill..to be asked for a coupon!! they didnt give me a coupon ..and they said they know they run out earlier in the day..so i asked if i could get my refile and they said no..i argued a bit and was gunna ask to see the manager but i was missing my film and thoughtil get to see one of the managers after the movie..so going in to the screen rather hacked off. my boyfriend could see i was !and when he went to drink some of my drink and there wasnt any in he went and left the screen .he was gone about 10 mins ..he was talking to the monkeys for a while then demanded to see the manager..even then he had to argue with him for a while.
    in the end we got it..
    why have an offer up if you are not going to warrent it!!
    it really mucked up an evening.. :mad:
    people do not know when they buy thir combo they need a refil voucher it doesnt tell you anywhere..and anyway how many people really take up the offer??
    i think i wont be going there in the forseeable future.they really are just a load of monkeys...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You really don't like monkeys, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 funkyniff

Not The Ones That Work In Ugi!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I was there last night too - was my first time there....

Went to see Meet the Fockers at 8:30 - was there at about 8:10 so there was no queue to get into the car park or collecting the tickets.

BUT..... after the film it took me TWENTY minutes just to move the car out of the bloody car parking space and then another TEN minutes to get out of the car park... and thats no exagerration. Will seriously think twice about going there again. The cinema was nice enough though and it is safer than the Ster Century car park in Liffey Valley.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

it is safer than the Ster Century car park in Liffey Valley.

Never heard of some one getting stabbed to death for a mobile phone in the Liffey Valley car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Liffey Valley car park is safe. Except if you're a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

seamus wrote:
    The Liffey Valley car park is safe. Except if you're a car.

You win at being funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Never heard of some one getting stabbed to death for a mobile phone in the Liffey Valley car park.

This is true.

I've been going to UCI coolock for years (I live within a twenty minute walk of the place) I even worked there as a spotty teen and yeah it has gone downhill a bit in recent tim,es (namely since I stopped working there ;) ). The car park is a complete joke; it serves UCI the Plex and Powercity but has only one entrance??!! a shambles.

I find the folks who work there are generally pretty cool though, (biased as I am :) ) I never had any trouble (but it does seem a bit silly for them to kick up a fuss over refilling your drink considering the offer though)

The qs for food are kind of unavoidable; a lot of people want their munchies; maybe better scheduling of films would help, i.e. staggering starting times?) UCI generally have enough people on the tills for this not to be a limiting factor.

Ster century and Liffey valley are much better cinemas; comfier seats, better screens, less insane car park arrangements and you're less likely to get stabbed.
    I just go to Coolock cause it's handy.

By the by I think monkeys are pretty cool really..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

i hate uci

Retr0gamer wrote:

I meant in car terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Stopped goin to Coolock over a year ago. Omni is deffo the next best option in the locality. Screen 1 is another bonus if the film is lucky enough to be shown on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

the problem with the Coolock one is that it's always fulll of complete and utter scumbags (because of the location).

Blanch one is okay, carpark is safe enough and the cinema is clean-ish. Ster Century's cinema is miles better, but the car park is a hotzone for cars getting broken into so you're sitting in the cinema (when it's an evening showing), wondering if your car is still going to be there (and in 1 piece) when you get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I meant in car terms.

I never heard of a car getting stabbed to death in either cinema....

flanzer wrote:
    Omni is deffo the next best option in the locality. Screen 1 is another bonus if the film is lucky enough to be shown on it

where is the omni?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Santry I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

koneko wrote:
    the problem with the Coolock one is that it's always fulll of complete and utter scumbags (because of the location).

There is nothing wrong with the location of UCI Coolock.... I live rather nearby and frequent UCI regulary and im certainly not a "complete and utter scumbag"... I think you should apoligise for such a remark as i find it highly offensive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

He shouldn't apoligise. He's right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

i tink its ridiculous to tar everyone with the same brush....while i dont dispute uci coolock does have a fair share of undesirables its certaintly doesnt apply to everyone.... No more so than ster century or blanch...!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I was in omni last week.
    There was an ungodly smell of shlt and puke in the place.
    Best cinema by far is Ster, only its too far away...

Advertisement