Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System of a down concerts

Options
  • 03-02-2005 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

system of a down are tourin europe this summer, of course their neglecting to come to ireland which is dissappointing but theres still tickets available for london and manchester in early june. me and some of my mates are heading on sunday 5th to see them in brixton academy,anyone ever see a concert there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i saw SOAD a few years ago at ozzfest in punchestown.
    i was totally blown away,its still one of the best gigs ive seen to this date

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

gucci wrote:
    me and some of my mates are heading on sunday 5th to see them in brixton academy,anyone ever see a concert there?

Yes, Sepultura's final show with Max in 1996. And Grandaddy two years ago.

Great venue, like a bigger Ambassador. Holds 4000 or so, and much friendlier bouncers than over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I'm heading to Brixton tonight to see Rammstein,first time to see the venue and the band. Cant feckin wait!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

GaRtH_V wrote:

hehehe that is strange, of all the acts on the main stage - them and Lostprophets were, IMO, the worst, a total mess

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

GaRtH_V wrote:
    I'm sorry, I'm not trying to sound like a bastid, but that was possibly one of the worst live performances I've ever seen by any band. The band was pissed as funk and WAY out of time with each other - I was very disappointed - I've have considered myself a big fan of theirs until I saw that shocking display.

Slayer absolutely destroyed EVERYTHING else that day!

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote:
    Slayer absolutely destroyed EVERYTHING else that day!

Hear, hear - they should have finished, not Tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

wow cool , i love system , how much are the tickets ??they rock my world , !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yes, Sepultura's final show with Max in 1996
    Now thats a damn good boast if ever ive heard one. Id do anything to have been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

slayer and system destroyed that day, tool were a major anticlimax, and that was the first time i heard/seen drowning pool and was blown away by them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Now thats a damn good boast if ever ive heard one. Id do anything to have been there.

The CD of that show doesn't do it justice. They were superb that night, which made the subsequent events all the more difficult to swallow. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Don't go to Brixton! Spend the extra €30 and go see them at the Hurricane Festival in ScheiBl, they're supporting Rammstein there...

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Hear, hear - they should have finished, not Tool
    Blaspehemer! Maynard James Keenan has got one of the best voices in rock music,they totally blew the crowd away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Tool ruled ozzfest... end of.

I could hardly hear slayer apart from the whoosh of their hair!

However I agree tis a pity SOAD are not playing here.

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Blaspehemer! Maynard James Keenan has got one of the best voices in rock music,they totally blew the crowd away!

really then it must have been my imagination that the crowd I was part of were quite bored of a guy painted blue, wearing underpants - but then again I never said anything about him being a crap singer :)

plus there wasnt that much of a crowd left, since the majority of sensible Dublinites had bogged back into the City Centre after Slayer, seeing as Ozzy wasnt playing

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

fatigued mayb ??? i was really lookin forward to seen tool , but after system i was totally wrecked, soad were by far best act. slayer were v good tho!
    as were tool, was wrecked by that stage tho

yeh the crowd were'nt bored,they were just wrecked,after a whole day of mosihng to the likes of slayer and soad you hardly expect them to be up and ready for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Starting with Flood pissed alot of the non-fans off too I think, its not a very lively track. But for anyone that likes Tool, it was incredible! I wasn't really impressed by SOAD at it, pretty much lay back against the crowd behind me and relaxed! :D

GaRtH_V wrote:
    yeh the crowd were'nt bored,they were just wrecked,after a whole day of mosihng to the likes of slayer and soad you hardly expect them to be up and ready for it

yeah right, and I am sure if Ozzy came out they would have just remained at a standstill like they were for Tool - c'mon - the majority of Ozzfest goers will tell you that the wrong band finished the day off

Oh my god supporting Rammstein.that would be so cool!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

hmmm... soad & rammstein, in one day. quite enticing indeed...

i saw them at ozzfest and they were on of my favourites. i got sick of the waves of hair flying around in the pit during slayer so i went to see an amazing mushroomhead set :D

• Advertisement

system and rammstein would be class :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

gucci wrote:
    me and some of my mates are heading on sunday 5th to see them in brixton academy,anyone ever see a concert there?

Yeah, I've been to a few gigs there and it was a good venue. It's got a sloped floor as well IIRC so everyone gets a good view.

Ou ive wanted to see system since forever , :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

was on the site today.alll london dates sold out now,still a few for manchester though

Aww i wanted london , maybe could a got a holiday out of it then , dont wanna go manchester though , :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    system and rammstein would be class :)

System and Rammstein *will* be class :)

heh yea tis true , would rammstein be supporting em in paris ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i know this is about soad... but it's slowly morphing into a rammstein thread so....

is it true that a few years ago (during the "mutter" tour) rammstein were banned from coming here because of their live show, by the same nuns and old hags who banned slipknot?

i'd like to see rammstein tear up the point or something over here...

i know this is about soad... but it's slowly morphing into a rammstein thread so....

is it true that a few years ago (during the "mutter" tour) rammstein were banned from coming here because of their live show, by the same nuns and old hags who banned slipknot?

i'd like to see rammstein tear up the point or something over here...

that never happened, that was the story MCD claimed happened - what really happened was disastrous ticket sales for Slipknot

• Advertisement

Rammstein are meant to be absolutely insane live , doing all kinds o mad stunts :D

Advertisement