Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a 2000 VW Golf

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

daveg wrote:
    yes you would think a main dealership in Galway should pick that up and not charge 4 hours labour wouldn't you :rolleyes:

They told me they only had to clean the sensor - no parts - but it cost over £200 for labour.

was a little expensive alright , did it do the job though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

yep.

:) il try it on mums

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Enygma - damp smell, not in great nick, ticking noise..... walk away. There are SO many 2nd hand cars out there, spend a little time looking around and be choosy - it's a buyers market. You WILL be able to get a much better buy out there.

PauloMN wrote:
    Enygma - damp smell, not in great nick, ticking noise..... walk away. There are SO many 2nd hand cars out there, spend a little time looking around and be choosy - it's a buyers market. You WILL be able to get a much better buy out there.

lol the damp smell- all 1+year old golfs have this-crap design of wiper motor at back and weak pipes.
    ticking- perfectly normal my brand new car did this, all golfs do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Sorry for delay.

The mech down below said it was just noisy tappets and that it was normal on Golfs, I just got off the phone with a VW mechanic and he said that it's "most certainly not normal" and that if a lay person such as myself noticed it then there's definetely something wrong.

The way I see it is, I'm in no rush and I'm not 100% happy with what I'm buying, there are plenty of cars out there too.

So I guess I'm still looking, just hope the exhaust doesn't fall off my banger before I find another one! :)

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement