Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help.....ahhh.

Options
  • 03-02-2005 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me or give me some recommendations. The kickstart on my Honda CG125 broke this morning. I am not heavy footed, it just snapped. I don't think it is repairable. Anybody know where I can source another? I am newbie.

regards,

B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Check City Spares and you'll get one no problem. It will probably cost you about 10 euros and you could fit it yourself easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

In the mean time you can just bump start it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

this thread may help

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=222147

let us know how you get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bjroche

Thanks.

I sent them (CitySpares) an email. Bump starting will definitely help with the fitness. I have one more question I hope people can help me with. Some clown ripped (with knife) my seat. I have left it for too long with botch temporary repairs. Does anybody know anywhere that can re-cover the seat? I am starting to call some furniture repair people...but am having no joy so far.

Thanks again,

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Buy yourself a staple gun and remove the cover yourself.
    Get s piece of leather (probably from hickeys or somewhere like that) and trace out the outline,cut it out and staple it back yourself. If you're too lazy to do that ask City Spares for a new seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

If you go to a motorcycle shop, you could ask them for a saddle cover. It'll just slip over the old saddle and should have an elasticated edge around it to keep it on.Nothing worse than a soggy wet sponge saddle.

Did the kick start shear off completely or is the kick start just slipping on the splines? If it did sheared, it usally means splitting the engine to replace the shaft, no small job in itself.
    If its slipping on the splines, you could try tightening the kickstart leg where its attached on the shaft.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bjroche

Hi,

The kickstart broke at the bottom of it's shaft. I haven't had time to look too closely as I had to get to work asap. I am hoping this it is replaceable without too much work. From memory, it sheared off about 3" from the bottom.

Regards,

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

ahh in that case its a simple job, like GaRtH_V suggested contacting City Spares, you could also try the following.

Gorey Bike Breakers, Co. Wexford
    055 20911
    mbikes@ iol dot ie

And afaik they do COD.

Advertisement