Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lipgloss

• 03-02-2005 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Anyone else a fanatic of lipgloss?

My fave our Juicy Tubes, try not to buy them in shops in Ireland as they're like 16.50 a tube but if u know someone coming through an airport get the 3 pack...works out so much cheaper. I have about 12 of them.

Tip: Put vaseline on ur lips then squeeze out some of the lipgloss onto ur finger and put on ur lips, lasts longer than way

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭*Sassy*

I'm not a massive fan of Juicy Tubes as I find them a bit messy, still have a few though!! I got an Estee Lauder one recently that's similar but has a brush on. Still messy!

My fave at the mo is Benefit - The Gloss. I have it in "kiss me" right now and its lovely!

Never ever wear lipstick, don't like it at all. Gloss is the way to go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

i only wear MAC lipstick in abstract of Viva Glam II, then slick a bit of LipGlass on top and away we go, would never wear it on its on. The LipGlass I have it kinda a very pale pink with gold glitter in it, it rocks, doesn;t alst as long as a juicy tube though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i dunno whether its lipstick or lipgloss, but its liquidy and comes with one of those brushy type things... my mum got it free when she bought a bunch of shiseido stuff.

just checked it, lip gloss, touche brillance in mocha lustre i think
    ****ING GORGEOUS. and i NEVER wear the stuff. but i love this ****. i wish it lasted a little longer though, i bet i wont be able to afford another when it runs out! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

meh i couldnt be bothered i stick to vaseline ;)
    all my friends use MAC thats pretty nice,complete ripoff though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Love Juciy tubes. Mad money but they're so worth it. I'm a bit of a make - up a holic so I have a good few MAC, Benifit and Stila ones as well but they're my all time fav's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

i love lip gloss, and I have loads of juicey tubes but the only thing that annoys me about them is their stickiness and my hair always ends up sticking to my lips, yeuch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Love lipgloss too, I like the Boujois ones - lasts for ages!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

i love lip gloss, and I have loads of juicey tubes but the only thing that annoys me about them is their stickiness and my hair always ends up sticking to my lips, yeuch.

Yup - lipgloss and a windy place like Galway just don't go together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have to admit to sticking to the old vaseline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

MAC lipglass is a rip off. The best gloss is DuWop Lip Venom, a little goes a long way and it really plplpumps the :D lips.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

see the trick is not to buy MAC in Ireland as you get completely ripped off. its 14.50 here to buy an eyeshadow, i was in gatwick airport a few mths back and they were 7.50 sterling which works out at about a tenner. I was in NY a few weeks ago and the eyeshadow worked out to be a tenner. why are we being so overcharged???

A really good example i have is of MAC- =u know those glitter eyeshadow tubes they have every Xmas in the gift box? WEll i priced it here and it was 39 euro which is about $50, i went to Macys and the same one was $28 which is about 20 euro!!!!!!!! i'm never buying make up here again!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

oh i got georgous stuff in boots natural collocetion strawberry , smells so fannytastic i almost wanna kiss myself :D , its lovely id highly recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

I love the Glam Shine lipgloss, think its by Loreal.

yep tis the loreal stuff is nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

carmex all the way. it makes your lips so tingly

Ou now i just remembered i dont think its lip gloss lip conditioner it is , i had it ages ago in a little tiny round pot , ou can anyone remember the name of it ?I got it in boots it wasnt blistex i dont think damn its buggin me now , tiny round pot and had a strange smell to it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I buy cheapo stuff, free with magazines or from Avon, and then force people to eat it. fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i have the best tasting-smelling-everything MAC lip conditioner. it's hard to put your finger on it, but i think it's kinda like toasted marshmallow flavoured Jelly Bellys crossed with candy floss minus the sugar. beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭minnie_mouse

Stilla lip glaze is nice...but u cant beat vaseline :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Stilla lip glaze is nice...but u cant beat vaseline :)

yep vaseline is the original and the best. Deadly eyegloss also.

• Advertisement

Oh yea vaseline is fantastic for the eyes too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Chap Ice is quite good for really dry lips. Mine are dead dry lately, i think its something to do with the air conditioning and heating in work. Getting quite addicted to lip balms and chap ice lately. The more i use them the more i need them, but without them my lips are so so dry. It sucks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I love my Body Shop honey stick for looking after my lips. But I do have a rather fantastic Lipgloss from Red Earth that my Mum got for me in Australia before they appeared over here.
    It's chocolate fudge flavoured and leaves your lips shiney and a slightly darker shade than normal, plus it tastes yummy! :D

Advertisement