Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows ME Internet Options

• 03-02-2005 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi, I want to change the home page on some pcs in work and make it so that no one else can change it. Can anyone tell me how to do this please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

got this here:
    http://computercops.biz/postt101185.html
    it's the 5th or 6th post
    There is a manual way to lock the homepage. I assume it is the same technique used by Spybot & other such applications. These are the best solution, but if you want the manual instructions, proceed as follows...

Create a new text document and copy & paste in the following...
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel]

"Homepage"=dword:00000001

The 1 at the end of the DWORD denotes that it is locked. To unlock, use all zeros.

Once done, close and save as type "All Files" and call it anyfilename.REG and simply open the file to put the restriction into the registry.

if you dont want to tweak the registry yourself then there's plenty of free software available.
    Spybot will prevent changing of the homepage but needs to be installed on each pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Thanks for that - very helpful.

Advertisement