Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling to Game Stop or GameEx

Options
  • 03-02-2005 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I a bit short on cash and want to buy 1 or 2 new games and was thinking of selling some PS2 games and DVD's to Game Stop or Games-Exchange.
    Dose anyone know how much they pay for games that are between six months and a year old?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Probably depend on the game, and the condition its in I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What are the games Evad or rainbow would give you exact prices but you get more for them here , usually its 12 max for a any title.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

KdjaC wrote:
    What are the games Evad or rainbow would give you exact prices but you get more for them here , usually its 12 max for a any title.

kdjac

I've got Driver 3, Mafia, FIFA 03 all PS2,
    Champ Manager 03/04 for PC,
    Oceans 11, Swordfish, Traning Day & Fast & Furious DVS's

All in perfect condition with manuals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

afaik you'll get 1 euro for fifa as a knew one has been released, i picked up mafia for 20 euro so i wouldnt think youd get that much for it, dont know about driver or the dvd's but again afaik PC games cant be traded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

GAME are doing their 4 games and get a new release for 99c. I don't know what exact games they take but they took pretty old games off me that i got for cheap of play.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

clownboy wrote:
    GAME are doing their 4 games and get a new release for 99c. I don't know what exact games they take but they took pretty old games off me that i got for cheap of play.com

Do the traded-in games have to from the same system as the new game, clownboy? Or can you mix-and-match?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They can be any system (PS2, GC, XBox, GBA). They have to scan at €24.99 or above and be in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

They can be any system (PS2, GC, XBox, GBA). They have to scan at €24.99 or above and be in good condition.

let me get this on straight then......

24.99 x 4 = 99.96

0.99 + (99.96 - 59.99) = 40.96

40.96 = GAME laughing all the way to the bank....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

traded a gamecube copy of nfsu2 in game the other day. they offered 22 euro even though they sell it for 49.99 :rolleyes:
    ah well. at least that game isn't sullying my collection any more...
    (got the twin snakes to take its place :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

jonnybadd wrote:
    afaik you'll get 1 euro for fifa as a knew one has been released, i picked up mafia for 20 euro so i wouldnt think youd get that much for it, dont know about driver or the dvd's but again afaik PC games cant be traded
    Best bet would be to go into the shop and look at the second hand box. If there is 20 copies of game you want to trade in you'll probably get pennies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

dceire wrote:
    Driver 3

I'd say they have plenty of copies of that one already

*shudder*

Is that they sell at 24.99 or trade in at that price cause he took 3 13.00 games of me and a 20 game according to the receipt.

This was GAME in dawson st. I got Legend of Zelda: Four Swords for my gc.

It's that they sell at that price new.
    And Four Swords rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

By the way, they generally don't accept PC games for trade-in.

Kirby,

Do you know when this offer ends as i might pick up another new release for my cube?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

iv a couple of DVDs and Games i could trade, all in brilliant condition. But i dunno what to say to them when i go there with the games, do i just say, "i want to trade these in?"

Yes. They generally give you slightly better prices if you're trading them in against other stuff from the shop, rather than for cash.

Stephen wrote:
    By the way, they generally don't accept PC games for trade-in.
    I tought that all game shops have a blanket 'no PC returns' policy due to the ease of copying a PC game? ('generally don't accept them' vs 'never will')

If I was to return a game (being a linux zealot affects your PC gaming possibilities), I'd just say that I didn't accept the EULA, that big legalspeak that comes up when you install a game, clicking 'I Agree' is the only way to install it. Clickin 'Disagree' means you can't install it. Some EULAs say that if you don't accept it then you can bring it back to the shop for a refund (it's only fair), so I'd just tell the pimply faced youth behind the counter that I didn't accept the EULA and demand a refund. I'd keep hasseling (and threaten legal action) if they didn't give it to me.

Then again I can be a dick about digital rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

surely you could just copy the game without reading the EULA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

can they turn you away cos they have enough of the game or dvd?

• Advertisement

they'll probably just offer a really ****ty price instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 4000Holes

Slightly off-topic but I heard Gamestop sell preowned PS2s for €99. Is this true?

clownboy wrote:
    Kirby,

Do you know when this offer ends as i might pick up another new release for my cube?
    We don't know yet. Should run for a while. You're not waiting for RE4 by any chance?

We don't know yet. Should run for a while. You're not waiting for RE4 by any chance?

No, have that on import. I was hoping some GAME store may have Mario Golf. Wanted this after playing Mario Golf on N64 long ago, just never got around to getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

4000Holes wrote:
    Slightly off-topic but I heard Gamestop sell preowned PS2s for €99. Is this true?

Yes. Same price for old darth-vadar's-toaster-model as the slimline one, strangely.

To clear up a few questions:

Nobody in Ireland takes in PC games. It's a legally grey area as far as I know, as once it's installed on your computer it is licensed to you.

Gamestop will take in pretty much anything, once you've a disc and the sleeve for the box or the manual. Price does not vary with condition, as any unsaleable discs are resurfaced using Fancy Technology.

GameExchange only give store credit, at least in my experience.

Best advice: get into Henry Street. Game, Gamestop, Smyths and GameExchange are within 5 minutes of each other. Shop around!

tman wrote:
    surely you could just copy the game without reading the EULA?
    Yeah that sounds possible. I was just saying this as a way to get a refund.

clownboy wrote:
    No, have that on import. I was hoping some GAME store may have Mario Golf. Wanted this after playing Mario Golf on N64 long ago, just never got around to getting it.
    Well there's a few copies of MG:TT in Tallaght if you're looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Syth wrote:
    I tought that all game shops have a blanket 'no PC returns' policy due to the ease of copying a PC game? ('generally don't accept them' vs 'never will')

If I was to return a game (being a linux zealot affects your PC gaming possibilities), I'd just say that I didn't accept the EULA, that big legalspeak that comes up when you install a game, clicking 'I Agree' is the only way to install it. Clickin 'Disagree' means you can't install it. Some EULAs say that if you don't accept it then you can bring it back to the shop for a refund (it's only fair), so I'd just tell the pimply faced youth behind the counter that I didn't accept the EULA and demand a refund. I'd keep hasseling (and threaten legal action) if they didn't give it to me.

Then again I can be a dick about digital rights.
    The shop isn't bound by the EULA as it's an agreement presented by the publisher after entering into the contract of purchase; threatening legal action would only get you laughed out of the shop...

Advertisement