Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Legend

Options
  • 03-02-2005 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Any fans of his here??

'Used to love you' is is first single off his new album 'Get Lifted' and after hearing it once I was hooked!!!
    He mixes soul with hip-hop beats and the result is just amazing!!

His first two videos are up to watch on johnlegend.com. Check him out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Hes ok, not funky enough for my tastes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

LanceStorm wrote:
    Any fans of his here??

'Used to love you' is is first single off his new album 'Get Lifted' and after hearing it once I was hooked!!!
    He mixes soul with hip-hop beats and the result is just amazing!!

His first two videos are up to watch on johnlegend.com. Check him out.

Lovin his stuff! For those who think it's too mellow try checking both the Yam Who remix of "Used To Love You" and the new remix of "Ordinary People". Who said soul was dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Like most good things, his album is a real grower ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

Trying to track down the Yam Who mix, heard its the bomb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Yeah I really like 'Used To Love U', its verry cool indeed! 'Ordinary People' is kinda dull and boring though! I was expecting somthing better for a second single :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Drum boy

Yeah im likin this fella!

Kanye West found him didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

It was Kanye's success which ultimately gave him the platform alright but he has been around for awhile and contributed to such stuff as "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" aswell as some Kanye produced Alica Keys stuff plus the wicked "Boogie that Be" by the Black Eyed Peas.

Advertisement