Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Forced updates via SUS/WUS Servers

• 03-02-2005 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Just wondering....

On the desktops here, everyone has local admin rights (yeah I know, but I cant put up with the constant 'I cant install x'). I want to keep everyone up to date patch wise as well. With people having admin rights I think some of them are turning off automatic updates etc. I'm wondering can I set it up via SUS or WUS (or otherwise) that when they login in to the domain that any patches available are automatically installed.???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Can you get domain login scripts/process to launch the update app. Maybe it can run silently. I'm sure Microsoft.com has info about administrating this type of thing.
    Also, you might be able to set domain rules to keep auto updates on.

Finally, there might be a way to remotely modify the registry of the machines in the domain to turn auto updates on (if the setting is stored there).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Its been a while since I set it up and with WUS out now im not sure where it alll stands but this site is excellent for anything got to do with SUS and WUS now I think.

http://forums.susserver.com/index.php?

Should answer all your questions, if not post back and ill see what I can do

Advertisement