Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have an idea !

Options
  • 03-02-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭

Ban all text speak on this forum .

that is all .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

yeah, and this has got so much to do with the junior cert huh?

happy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

People, I'm sure, have tried that with the entire establishment of boards.ie, but it's not gonna happen. Shame I know, but what can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Big Ears wrote:
    Ban all text speak on this forum.
    I'm tempted, what with the standard of speeling these days
    Rozabeez wrote:
    moron.
    Ehem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Victor wrote:
    I'm tempted, what with the standard of speeling these days

Ehem?
    I must agree with Victor,[with reference to the demeanor of "Rozabeez"] it is not correct to intimidate another user especially over a topic so trivial. As it says in the rules of registration: By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. As Rozabeez has blatantly reneged on these rules I feel some form of suspension is merited. Attitude problems on behalf of certain users reduces the repore of this highly respectable forum
    and generates an overall lack of respect for peoples' valid opinions which should not be left uncorrected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This post has been deleted.
    It is. If you use text speak in everything you write, it's possible you'll make the mistake of using it somewhere in your JC. That gets you docked marks

Go for it Victor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Kay, changed it. sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Aye, it's a bad state of affairs when an honours english teacher must remind her class before they go into an exam, that text language does not impress examiners.

Advertisement