Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp gx30 network problems

Options
  • 03-02-2005 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Im gona buy a gx30 and theres a problem that it wont work with meteor sim cards.It is simfree(i have tryed all irish sims)and they seem to work fine.But when i put in my meteor sim and i try to call i get a "call failed"disconected".i cant receive sms either.
    Iv called meteor they said its the phone not my sim also my sim works fine in other phones.
    Strangely enough when you ring my number it rings.
    I cant cancel diverts even if there on or off.(but yet i can ring when my sim is in diffrent mobiles.And call barring is off.

Any hints or ways i can get it fixed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Yeah, can anone shed some light on this! Anyone have a simillar problem specific to a sharp Gx fone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

This is your phone lol ;)

Do other Meteor SIM cards work ok?

Just wondering since you said you were going to buy it... Do you know the phone's history? Maybe Meteor have barred that phone's IMEI number for being reported as stolen. The symptoms you mentioned seem to point towards that, but I couldn't be 100% certain, its just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Is it a very old meteor sim? Some of the older meteor sims that do not have the enhanced features are not compatible with the Sharps (I know this was the case with the GX10/GX20 when it came out)- bring it into a meteor store and they will check the sim for you and do a sim swop if need be if needs to be upgraded to new sim - if the meteor sim is working in other regular handsets this could be the reason??

If the IMEI is blacklisted you wont get a signal with any sim in that phone as would have been blacklisted on all networks.

02 and vodafone work fine.No meteor sims work in it.Iv tried three since 02 and vodafone work in it its simfree but just not meteor.I rang meteor and they said its a "handset issue".My sim card is pretty new since december and iv been using it in a gx20 before that.
    Actually when i put in the meteor sim i get coverage but thats about it.The now its switches to roaming via 02 i still cant make calls or sms's.
    This seems very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Seems to me like it is definitely BLOCKED by Meteor like Karsini said above. Especially the "handset issue" description that they are giving you.

This could be due to the phone being stolen, or lost and claimed on an insurance claim, OR possibly because it was blocked on a UK network for the same reasons. Somebody mentioned to me a while back, that they thought Meteor were blocking the same IMEI numbers as some of the UK companies.

Thanx for the info lads.It just seems so strange that other sims(087-086)work in it.Why would meteor block a sharp gx30?Its all vodafone branded and meteor dont actually sell them.But then again meteor would have the authority to block a stolen phone.Im not saying that it is stolen But if they did block the gx30 wht arnt all the networks blocked.I bought it from a guy on boards recently.He tried to find out but with no luck.

Advertisement