Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

match worn shirts

• 03-02-2005 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

I'm selling some of my collection of match worn football shirts. I posted in the FS General boards but thought there would be more interest in here. Hope i'm not breaking any rules here mods if i am feel free to delete and i apologise

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=223154

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

pics of the shirt have been added

added adriano's brazil shirt and an aston villa shirt to this sale too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

How much for Adriano's shirt?

i could get 200-250 pounds sterling off collectors so any offer would need to be in around this

no, don't have that kind of money to be going on a shirt. What match was it anyway? You do know that Adriano made his first start for Brazil in the Confederations cup? Unless your in need of money, if I were you I'd wait until Adriano does something like Ronaldo in the World cup (or at least wait until he's in the public eye) and sell in then. You'd make an awful lot more. If you had the shirt that the World player of the year (I can't see him not winning that award soon) worn on his first start for Brazil you'd make thousands.

If you're in need of money I'll give €150 for it. :)

• Advertisement

unaware of the match it was from, it was bought off the brazilian kitman after the tournament who had a lot of gear left from the tournament. Obviously it wouldnt be used again because it was badged for that tournament. Didn't know that he made his brazilian debut in that tournament but i am glad to say i do now cheers :D:D:D
    would only sell adriano if i got an outlandish offer due to the fact that i can see him going to madrid and being a new galactico within the next year or two. Shirt might pay for my college education!

ianomccabe wrote:
    Didn't know that he made his brazilian debut in that tournament but i am glad to say i do now cheers :D:D:D
    Not his debut, first start. Started all 3 games, scored in two of them (scored the only goal against USA).

You said in the other thread that your Henry shirt is too valuable to sell, your Adriano one is by far and away the most valuable shirt listed. Keep it until he's in the public eye and try to find out what game it was. From there find info about the match and the reasons it is worth was its worth.

the henry shirt is valuable because i got it through a friend of mine who got it off thierry. It came straight from him so maybe thats why i like that one so much. Like i said i bought the adriano one. il email the kitman from brasil and see what game it was from, it could be an issue (a shirt which is issued to the player but not worn) because as far as i know, the brazil team get their size shirt in both long and short sleeve and the player chooses on personal preference which to wear in the game

Price drop on both aston villa and juventus shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

250 Sterling !!!!????? are you mad ?

• Advertisement

Why would i be mad bolbill?????
    Could easily get more than 250 sterling for Adriano's shirt. Check out www.matchwornshirts.com and see the prices the man u shirts go for, for example. That'll put it into perspective for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Jeez some of the prices on that site are crazy. £300 for a Sean Davis jersey??

yeah can be expensive alright. That's why it's great to have a contact that can get them for nothing!
    Now you see why i wouldn't accept £250 for Adriano when Sean Davis goes for £300. And now you see my shirts are bargains!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah definitely. I can only imagine what price the Maradonna and Marco Van Basten jerseys for 89/90 will go for if Andy Coles '99 one is £4500.

Keep your Adriano one a few years and you'll be minted mate !

i think that andy cole one your talkin about is from the champs league final?
    it's one of the two he was given but didn't wear on the nite

I think Bolbill is trying to get you to lower your price. :) When selling it try to make it as exclusive as possible (ie, the shirt he worn when he made his first start). Don't sell it as just another Adriano shirt as there'll be over 50 of those in years to come. :)

yeah your right. the fact that it has the confederations cup 2003 patch will make it more valuable too because it will distinguish it from any other brazilian shirts

Advertisement