Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Guy, the Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This will suck. Hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

You're just one big ray of sunshine aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

fade2black wrote:
    You're just one big ray of sunshine aren't you?
    It stinks of the same "cash-in" principle that created those god awful Simpsons games of the early to mid ninties. Lets not forget that only a year ago, FOX wanted nothing to do with the franchise until they saw what the DVD sales were raking in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Have to agree with ya on that one..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i hope its not butchered.unfortunately, i think there is little hope for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

:(

i think this will be on the avoid at all costs list if the simpsons games are anything to go by

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

3 threads down under this post (at time of writing) :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=223170

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Doh! Delete delete! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Well it might make the series do better so it doesn't get cancelled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

well i just posted on the other thread so I'm not repeating myself

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

(Peter Byrne, Executive Vice President of Fox Licensing and Merchandising)

we are taking a very long term view of building Family Guy into a major franchise

after this 4th season i hope they dont make any more, family guy must end before it goes the way of the simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

nesthead wrote:
    after this 4th season i hope they dont make any more, family guy must end before it goes the way of the simpsons.

according to the quote, they obviously will make more than just one more series
    fox suck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Mossy Monk wrote:
    :(

i think this will be on the avoid at all costs list if the simpsons games are anything to go by

hit and run was decent enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Take Two have picked up the game and there's no details about developer yet, but as far as I know Take Two weren't involved in any recent Simpsons games. So isn't saying that Family Guy will suck because the Simpsons games did like saying Gran Turismo is gonna suck because NFSU2 did and they're both about cars?
    If they manage to get the humour of the real series down it could be entertaining. It could translate better than the Simpsons due to the way it's perfectly acceptable in family guy for completely random absurd things to happen, which could give gameplay a lot more freedom. There's not even any news of genre yet though so way too early to say anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

gran turismo's do suck

there is no fun controlling cars that handle like bricks :(

graphics and nice replays don't mean a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Remeber the Futurama game? Christ..

The only way you'd get a good Family Guy game would be to hire Ron Gilbert to write it and make it a comedy, adventure type thing.

Then intersperse it with Wario Ware style 5 second mini games ala the surreal/random references that are the staple of the TV show.

Something tells me it'll be a platformer instead.

Advertisement