Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bohemian chic??

• 03-02-2005 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

ok people, i've been invited to a murder mystery dinner party this saturday night. the thing is you're given a character and you have to dress like them (this is my first one, so go easy on me if i'm over-explaining).
    i am Sophina Salopette, a sculptress. my costume is supposed to be an "eclectic mix of bohemian chic".

so, i would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
    at the minute i'm thinking about a long skirt and lots of beads, however i don't want to go topless so i'm a bit stuck here. i have a suede waistcoat, fairly skimpy from topshop, but i'm not sure if this is suitable.

oh, and i have little to no money to spend...

so, please help me asap.
    thank you thank you thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

just get an old scarf like ur granny wears and tie it around ur head, i got a load of beads from my mum which she's kept from the 70's.

A-WEAR have some great boho stuff on a budget, i'm sure u can do the jeans look, wear a dress over it to grunge it up and ur done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Bohemian chic? I'm guessing a Boh's jersey and a pair of heels wouldn't work, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

second hand shops! raid them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

2nd hand shops in ireland are pretty expensive....well the vintage shops in duclin cost a good bit. The charity shops are pretty good esp oxfam on georges st, pretty good stuff sometimes at a great price

Advertisement